Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness!  The blizzard of 2011 was big!  Our back yard is filled up to less than a foot from the top of the fence.  It is over the seat of the swing in the yard.  John shoveled the brick path from the patio to the fence gate, and it's over 3 feet on either side of the path in most places.  John had to shove the glass door open to let me out the front door to start shoveling.  It was over a foot against the glass on the front porch.  I used the  yardstick on the front walk (had to guess where it is) and it was over 23" deep.  There were drifts by the garage door, where it blew, that were over 40" deep.  I had to dig that out before we could open the garage door.  Thank goodness John came and helped me.  I drug (too heavy to shovel) some of the snow away so John could start using the snow blower.  After over an hour of snow blowing, half of the driveway is done.  Still have to do the rest of the drive after a rest.  John has to work, so, he can't help me anymore. 
Connor's doctor's office called while I was trying to get to the garage.  The doctor can't get out, so they canceled the appt. to get Connor's cast off.  Poor Connor, but, after trying to shovel, I understand.  I'm not sure we could even get out of the driveway or out of the subdivision, anyways.  I'm just trying to get us out for tomorrow.  Temps today are near 20 degrees, falling this afternoon.  They will be -17 degrees in the morning, with wind chills in the -30's. What a frigid birthday it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).