Sunday, December 2, 2012

November NewFO's

It's time to see what I've done this month, and show it off over at Cat Patches for their NewFO linky party!



Hmmm... since I was gone half of October and half of November, there isn't as much started or completed as I needed to do.  Oh well.  

I made some blocks for Sandy relief.

Sandy relief block
all 9 Sandy blocks
I also started the hand quilting on some Christmas presents (really late, I know).
some of the Christmas presents I'm hand quilting
I also started (not finished) some Birthday blocks. 

Birthday block

Birthday blocks
I need to complete 2 of these in December, and get them in the mail.  "So much time, so little to do, reverse that..."  (Willy Wonka)

I DID get a finish in November...

Caitlyn's quilt, FINISHED!!!!!
I finally finished Caitlyn's quilt.  The 'NewFO' part of that was putting on the binding, finally. 

2 Wedding quilts...Oops!  Neither is done, but, both are started.  I'll show them next month (I hope).  Both brides  understand, since they know that I was called out of town, unexpectedly, and that I have other deadlines, too. 

I also have a start, that HAS to be finished by Monday night, for my guild Christmas gift exchange.  I've been quilting on it this morning.  NOPE, I'm NOT hand quilting this.  I'm machine quilting this one. 

Sewing machine cover (not finished)

Guild name as a badge name on machine

up close of machine
You can see the yellow chalk lines where the quilting goes.  I found a great mini red polka dot fabric yesterday for the binding. 

I also have two other NewFO's (kinda) for the month of November.  New blogger friends that I've met this month. 

Sue & I
I met Sue while I was in Texas helping my inlaws.  I wrote a post about it hereSue's post is MUCH better than my post. 

I also got to meet Khristina and her hubby, Glenn this week. 

Khristina & Glenn
Khristina & Glenn are from Australia, and are visiting the States for holiday.  My next post will be about our visit the past few days.  They will be coming back to stay with us again in January, before they head home. 

Hopefully I'll have lots of NewFO's and some finishes of former NewFO's to show at the end of December.




4 comments:

  1. Way To Go, Girl...you got alot of Sewing done for someone who was gone so much of the last few months. OMGosh, I love the Sewing machine Cover...what cute fabric. Lucky Guild Member who gets that cute gift. And there we are again...You and I...a Highlight of November for me. Thanks for the review. Good luck with your Christmas Quilting and Sewing. I'm working with the Santa Deadline, too. Gotta go SEW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...these are very cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love those hearts! And what a CUTE sewing machine cover. Thank you for making Sandy blocks. Those are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way the sewing machine cover turned out! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).