Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thursday

This is just a quickie post about today. 

Today was my regular 'sew-in' day at the local quilt store.  I didn't get any stitching done, but, I got lots of cutting done. 

When I got home, my son said he needed me to make him something before I left town for the Michigan TOGA in the morning (nothing like a last minute project).  He wanted me to make a holder for his ipod speakers,that fit over the headrest of his car seat, so that he would be able to hear his audio books over the road noise in his car, when he takes a trip later this month.  Sure, quick project.

Here is what he wanted.  He and I put this together in about an hour. 
front of headrest speaker holder

back of headrest speaker holder
Not bad for an hour's time.  My son had to finish the last 2 straps himself.  We used my 1914 Singer 66 with the Lotus decals.  This is the first thing I've made on that machine.
1914 Singer 66 (Lotus)
My son had never used a sewing machine before.  He did his stitching while I was at quilt guild. 

At quilt guild tonight, Victoria Findlay-Wolfe was our speaker.  Sorry about the bad pictures, it was my camera's fault. 




She did a great lecture on her 15 minutes of play book, and some of her other quilts.  I'll miss her workshop tomorrow, since I'll be headed to the Michigan TOGA. 

Gotta go finish packing!

6 comments:

  1. The speaker holder was a cleaver idea. Beware ... sewing sons build stashes!
    Have a safe and fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your son will get the sewing bug. Lucky you to see Victoria Findlay-Wolf in person. Enjoy your next TOGA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea! There's nothing better than finding creative solutions with a sewing machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever invention! I listen to audiobooks in my car too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting what you can come up with in a few hours and some ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, I need a speaker holder for my van! brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).