Monday, October 3, 2016

Goodies from the DeKalb Quilt show and area thrift stores.

One of the first things I saw, as I walked into the DeKalb Quilt Show, was a vendor booth.  That booth had the new 'Singer' fabric displayed.  I've seen this online, but, I prefer to purchase fabrics from local stores, not online.  Of course, I had to have some of these fabrics, especially as I have some of the machines featured on the fabrics.
Singer Treadle fabric

Singer hand crank fabric

Singer logo fabric

Singer fabric
I also purchased two sewing themed T-Shirts, but, they had to make them up overnight, so, another vendor was going to pick them up for me.  I'll get  them later this week. 

There was a consignment booth for the quilt guild, and, I couldn't resist checking it out.  I bought a specialty ruler.


I don't know what the intended use is for this ruler, but, it will be great for trimming up squares.  I also found this spool holder.  The wooden part that holds the spool is too large for any of my spools, but, I'm sure hubby can trim  it down for me. 

After the quilt show, I checked out some of the local thrift and antique stores.  I scored at the very first store.  I found this lovely hexie shaped quilt.  It isn't lined, but, it is quilted.  It was either a summer weight quilt, or, meant for a table.  It is fairly large.
hexie shaped quilt
This quilt had a label on the back.  I really like what she put on it. 
hexie quilt label
I showed this quilt to the lady at the antique shop, and she said she knows the lady who made the quilt.  Small world. 

I found a few items at the antique shop, too.
I haven't seen a doily/hot pad with this design before

I couldn't pass up this cute teapot

Debbie Mumm fabric, who could resist?
At the last thrift store, I found these sewing machine cams.  I don't have a clue what machine they might go to (nothing on the box). 
cams for an unknown machine
All in all, it was a very fun day on Saturday.  My family reunion in Arkansas is coming up, and I always find lots of great stuff on that trip, too.  I'll be visiting several quilt stores, lots of antique shops, and a few thrift stores, too.  It will be a month of fun finds.

13 comments:

  1. Hope the cams are good bait or you can make someone happy with them. I have a set of black cams about the same size that have yet to find a machine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of those great quilts from the show with us. You KNOW I love seeing historical quilts, and the civil war quilt must have been moving to see in person. Looks like you scored big on the goodies! I may need to invest in some of that singer fabric too! Are you coming through STL on your way to Arkansas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure the set of 30 cams are for the Dressmaker S2402 (and possibly others) that has the same model number as my machine but is not the same machine. Found these sets when searching online for the right set. You see indications on the top of the cam of the pattern at needle positions right, center, or left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great treasures in the fabric finds! Just perfect for you. I see several machine covers maybe in your future out if these finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, like the other poster said these cams fit a Dressmaker S2402 and almost all of the other Taiwan made Dressmakers. They do not fit Japanese made Dressmakers however.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Singer fabric is perfect for you. Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing all your goodies. I loved seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Cheryl, That Singer fabric is from a new Kaufmann line. My local quilt store (Faye's Henhouse Quilts) got some of it in for me. It also has a featherweight version. If you are interested in that one Fayesquiltshop.com can help you. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What some great buys, I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun outing Cheryl! Love those Singer fabrics of the vintage machines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the quilt show in the previous post, but I also love your acquisitions, fabric and your other finds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Singer fabric (except for the logos). I hope I remember to order some before it's no longer available!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).