Sunday, October 2, 2016

Quilt Show

Yesterday, I went to the DeKalb County Quilters Guild Fiber Arts Show (DeKalb, IL).  I've been to this show a few years ago.  This is a smaller show, but, lots of eye candy.  I did have one gripe, many of the quilts didn't have the sheet that tells who made the quilt, etc, but, just an envelope with a number (so you could vote).  They apparently had a snafu.  I'll include info on the quilts, if there was any. 

There were lots of other fiber arts, but, I didn't get any pictures of any of them.  Nice, though.

Before I even entered the show, this lovely quilt top, made from men's ties, was draped across the (closed off) staircase. 
no info on this one
I saw vendors first (more on that tomorrow).  The quilts on this side were in little 'U' shaped areas and hard to see or photograph.  These were smaller quilts.
no info, but you can see why I took a picture of it (Red & quilting)







no info on this one (just an envelope with a number on it)
On to the larger quilts.





I thought this was an interesting way to use fabric with things printed on it.  It worked great. No info, though.
no info

no info

no info
This quilt has info, and I ask you to please read it.  This quilt is from the Civil War, and has all the men's names on it, from the community, that went to war.


There were several modern quilts, sprinkled through out the show.  Nice.


no info

no info
This next quilt had snowflakes on the batik. 

up close of one of the snowflakes







This next quilt was all hand appliqued.  There were several that were all hand appliqued. 
no info

up close

up close
no info



This next quilt is for Deb.  She makes lots of colorwash quilts.


no info







I checked out the vendors, and the guilds consignment booth.  I also stopped at several thrift stores in DeKalb, after the show.  I'll have a post of all of those things later (I still need to take pictures). 

Hope your Saturday was as fun as mine was.


6 comments:

  1. It is a shame that not all the quilts had info sheets - so important. Wonderful applique quilts - always enjoy seeing the handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! It's too bad that some of the names and info sheets were missing. The Stripped Tree really caught my attention. And I'd love to see the Civil War Quilt with all of the names. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy attending a quilt show. So sad the quilts were not labeled. Especially the appliqued one. That took a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Love the civil war quilt, but the bargello caught my eye. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures. I don't make it to a lot of shows, but I love seeing the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a variety of both patterns and techniques. It does seem a bit strange that some were not labeled.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).