Friday, October 7, 2016

Tablerunners and stitching

Well, I have LOTS of stitching on my 'to do' list, but, I pulled out these table runner kits I made up a couple of  years ago, and decided to make them, this week.  I used these when I taught a table runner class at church, for a beginning quilting group.  I decided it was time to use up the extra kits.

2 finished table runners

up close

showing backing
I made a third Christmas table runner, too, but, I still need to stitch the binding to the front.
3rd, almost done
I used faux piping binding on these.
up close of faux piping binding
I started on these Wednesday afternoon, and finished a few minutes ago.

I have done some other stitching this week, too.  I've been sewing on my Bear Paw blocks.
Bear Paw QAL
I really should be stitching on all the things on my 'to do' list, but, I just wanted to do something different.  Lots of frustrating things going on, family wise, and I needed something new as a distraction. 

PS:  If you leave a comment, and are a no-reply blogger or are Google+, PLEASE leave me your email address, so that I can reply to your comment.  I try hard to reply to every comment I get.



10 comments:

  1. Cute runners. Love the fabric you chose for you bear paw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects! I totally understand wanting to do something besides the to-do list. Sometimes a day or two away from the list makes it much more desirable. Love the bear paw blocks (I think that is my favorite quilt block- I'm never sure!) Hope the frustration in your life settles down. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table runners are very festive! I know what you mean by needing a project for distraction. I call them pallet cleansers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making a table runner, what size are your table runners? My maple leaf blocks are nine inches, should I make the table runner nine inches wide with a small border or eighteen inches wide, no border?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, calming sewing - know that feeling. Lovely projects and hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me of some kits I have sitting around. I may make some more for a small class in January. Maybe they could be combined into runners for the more skillful students. I find having a project on hand is very relaxing and when I am between projects the stress is higher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely table runner; sometimes simple is just the best! I must try the faux piped binding as it looks really good. And you've made good progress on your Bear Paw blocks. Are you enjoying the QAL?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty table runners. I know how you feel about needing a distraction. Good lick and have fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You haven't shared that stash report yet ... it must've been a HUGE haul!! Your table runners are fun -- what a terrific gift!! I like the faux piping...I need to learn to do that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to have you quilting along on the Bear Paw, Cheryl. Hope it's been therapeutic and helping you to get through the troubling times!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).