Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wisconsin Public TV Quilt Expo pt. 2

There were lots of great quilts at this expo.  The details were great. 





I loved all the flying geese in this one. 

This guy was just too cute!

This next one was part of a guild challenge. 



I love how they set off the star in the middle.


This one was 3D in the middle.

The circles on this one are done with special stitches from their sewing machine.




This quilt was showing how quilting got it's start.  I took an up close photo of it, showing a bolt of fabric, and a spool of thread.  The boat at the very bottom of the quilt is full of bolts of fabric.  Lots of great sewing details in this quilt.

up close, showing some of the sewing theme details





The bottom edge of this next quilt is quite unique.



I didn't buy much from the vendors.  I only bought one piece of fabric (that I've been looking for for 2 years now).  I did get a pattern and some pattern books.  The only thing I bought that I got a photo of was my newest t-shirt.
front of my new t-shirt

Saturday was the guild sew-in day.  One of our members taught a class on how to make a jelly roll rug. No, I didn't take the class.  I have way too many projects I'm working on that need to be finished. 
Laura teaching the class
Laura was doing a great job teaching the ladies.  They will finish at the next sew-in, in October. 

While most of the ladies were working on their rugs, I was busy putting together the sashing and blocks on the Sapphire Star quilt.

The walls in the gym where we have our sew-in's are carpeted.  They make great design walls.  I got all the sashing put together, and stitched the sashing and blocks together.

I still have the borders to go on this one.  This first one will be a wedding present.  I'll finish the other 2 of these as I get a chance.  I'm really liking how they look.  I sent a photo of the blocks and sashing on the design wall, to Kevin.  He was teaching a class.  He'll see how far I've gotten when he reads this blog post.  What a fun pattern! 


7 comments:

  1. Wow...all the quilts are fun and great to see such variety. Thanks for sharing. Your quilt is looking so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the virtual quilt show of Expo. I didn't get to go this year, thought I should stay home and use some fabric instead of buy more, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fantastic quilts! It sounds like you had a great two days. Can't wait to see the borders on your Sapphire Star quit. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the inspiration. You are making an inspiration, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts at the show... and your Sapphire Star mystery looks fabulous! Can't imagine making 3 of these... so much sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great show of quits! Thank you for sharing them! Love the lama!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).