Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Blanchard Springs Caverns

My family reunion is every two years in Mountain View, Arkansas.  This time we decided to go to Blanchard Springs Caverns.  We hadn't been in many years, and I'd forgotten how beautiful the caverns are.  The reunion also included the caverns as one of the 'things to do' for the reunion.  There were so many of us, that we were split into two different groups.

There are 3 options for visiting the caverns.  Most people opt for the easy tour of the most beautiful room (the attic room).  This is what we all took.  It is paved and accessible for almost everyone.

This is what you see when you first enter the caverns.  The column in the middle is 65 feet tall.
 

another angle of the 65 foot tall column




This formation was named the warship by some former military guys that had served.  You can see why.
the warship

another view of the warship



At the end of the tour, the family members in our group posed for some photos together.


Gayler family

After the tour of the caverns, we drove over to the Springs (in the same park).






If you ever get the chance to visit Mountain View, Arkansas, I suggest going to the caverns.  There is also the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View.  I haven't been to the Ozark Folk Center in several years, but, my mother and stepfather went this year (hubby went hiking and I went to most of the antique shops in town instead). 


14 comments:

  1. I feel like a member of your family. Thanks for including me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy the caverns tours! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pictures ... especially the one of the whole gang. Glad you could grab such fun family time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cavern, thanks for sharing your pix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...what a cool place for a family reunion. It's been years since I've been in a cave, but I don't remember it being as pretty or interesting. Nice memories.
    Traveling Suitcase
    Spotted you on another blog while I was out blog walking this morning. Always fun to meet new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no-reply blogger, with no contact info on your blogs :( I can't reply to you :( Thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  7. We were so hoping ot make it to Arkanasa this summer, but with family issues, our traveling days were far too few. I will add this cavern to our idea list for when we do make it there! Looks like a lot of fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ANTIQUE SHOPPING? So, what did you find, what's good, what's bad, tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are no-reply, so I can't contact you. I didn't get anything this trip, but have in the past.

      Delete
  9. Wow, those caves look impressive and slightly intimidating too! I'm always slightly scared to go into those and since that things in Thailand with those boys I'm even more of a chicken ;)! Glad you enjoyed your family reunion.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).