Wednesday, October 17, 2018

First Week of October

My family reunion in Arkansas was the 2nd week of October, so, I was rushing to finish some project bags for the silent auction.  Six project bags were put in the auction. 
fronts of Star Wars and Harry Potter project bags

back of Star Wars and Harry Potter project bags

Unicorn and Mermaid project bags

Foxes and Sewing Themed project bags

I also had hubby make me something that I've wanted for a while.  All he had to do was grab a scrap of lumber and shape it and drill a hole (I think it was already this shape).  I added the seam ripper.


As you can see, I've already used it.  This will save me from having to cut each string pieced thing apart.  Thanks hubby!

Speaking of hubby, his job was eliminated after exactly 16 years with the company, on Friday, Oct 5th.  We were totally unprepared for this, and have no clue what our future holds for us.  We know God has a plan, but, we have no clue what his plan is. 


12 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear of your husbands job predicament and hope he is able to find something soon. I am from Arkansas so curious as to where your family reunion was - hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby was eliminated, too, one year before he could have retired. He went to work for the competitor.....! Since then he is working for the school system as a substitute teacher.
    Good luck to you two.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a scary event to face. Hopefully, all goes well and a door opens wide soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happened to my husband 25 years ago, and it is a scary thing! You have the right attitude, though. Somebody told me that it will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end. Sending good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the job. It's always scary to be out there on your own. But God has a plan, and if you trust Him, He will direct your path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I see jobs being suddenly terminated all over the place. No warning, even my own. It is scary and I am lucky to have some abilities others can make use of. Your hubby has so many talents, I have to believe there is someone who will be glad to have his help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for that ripper! Sorry for the job loss, we've been through it a few times, not so fun at all. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your seam ripper gizmo! Sending good vibes for both you and your husband. Hoping good opportunities come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear of the job loss. Hugs and prayers. Great idea for the seam ripper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the job loss. My favorite is” when life closes a door, God opens a window”.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband lost his job a couple of years ago too...he just retired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about hubs job. You are right. GOD has something better for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).