Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Another Be Attitudes block done

I finished the March Be Attitudes block last night.
March Be Attitudes block

I have more applique to do on all of these blocks, but I've done the blanket stitch around all the fused pieces so far.  I pulled out the book this morning to see what else needs to be done to each of these blocks.  Here are the blocks shown in the book.
what the finished quilt will look like

Jan, Feb, March & April blocks

May, June, July & August blocks

Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec blocks

I need to go thru my button jars to find buttons for these blocks.  I have a package of carrot buttons, for the Snowman's nose, and lots of the plain buttons I'm sure, but I'll have to start shopping for flower buttons (May), a candy button (July) and a black triangle button (dog's nose, Oct).

I'll draw on the extra applique' that is needed for some of the blocks, and get started on those as soon as I finish the February and January blocks. 

We've been watching Christmas movies after supper every night.  I can get lots of blanket stitching done during a movie.  In our house, Christmas movies are not what you would always think of as Christmas movies.  To be a Christmas movie, it has to show a character from Christmas, or be set during  the Christmas season, etc. {ex: Die Hard & Die Hard 2 (takes place Christmas Eve), Trading Places (takes place between Thanksgiving and New Years) and last night's movie Operation Petticoat (takes place between Dec 10th & shortly after the new year).  Don't worry, we also watch the 'regular' Christmas movies, like The Santa Clause, and Rudolph, etc.} 

13 comments:

  1. You are really making great progress with your bee-attitudes blocks! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute pattern and you are making lovely progress with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the blocks. I love your guys Christmas Movie list. My idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such a beautiful quilt. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am taking notes. This is really looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really moving along on this project! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl did you get my email about winning a pattern of your choice from my Craftsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable and I love the colours you are using. Merry Christmas Cheryl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are looking so cute. Won't be long till they are all done. I like your Christmas movie watching too. One of our local radio station was taking a survey on whether Die Hard was considered a Christmas movie. As of last count, the Yeses were ahead by a small margin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are really making progress on those blocks..so satisfying to see a project progress :-). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks are looking great! We've been watching some of the regular Christmas movies around here but for the record, my boys like to think Die Hard (1 and 2) count as Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).