Thursday, February 7, 2019

Giraffe's & a Win!

About the only time I can get much machine stitching done is on the weekends.  I need to have 2 baby quilts done before the 23rd of this month, and another one done soon after that.

I decided to make 2 of the quilts the same color way and the 3rd one in a different color way.  The hardest part is getting all of them cut out. 

I started sewing the first blocks together last weekend.  I'm making the smaller Giraffe quilts from Lorna's Sew Fresh Quilts pattern. 
3 sets of Giraffe heads
The Giraffe head blocks are the hardest, since there are so many pieces and so many stitch and flip corners. 

Hubby made me a seam ripper holder last year, and it has gotten lots of use with these quilt blocks.
seam ripper holder with stitch and flip blocks

I'm piecing these quilts on my 1927 Singer 15 hand crank.  I realized that I really didn't do much stitching on my hand cranks last year, other than exchange blocks and paper piecing.  It's time to make some quilts on my hand cranks again. 
stitching Giraffe pieces

Henry Glass had a giveaway on their blog in January.  Guess what?!?!?  I WON!  There are 13 half yard pieces of fabric in this bundle (all blenders).

These will be fun to use.  I can always use blenders for my projects.

I did finish one of the RSC blocks for January, but I still have 3 more to finish.  I'll show them all together when I get the last one's done.  Now to start on February's yellow blocks.

8 comments:

  1. The giraffe blocks are so cute. I admire your patience in doing all that work. The seam ripper stand is really ingenious. I might try to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Lorna's giraffe pattern, yet to make. Look at all those cute G heads! Love to see you using your older machines - lots of heritage stitching love right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've admired those animal head quilts for a while but I'm hesitant as it seems there are so many pieces in just one block. I'm not a very precise sewer ;( in any case. Your giraffes look gorgeous, even if you had to use the seam ripper a few times. No doubt by the time you've finished the third!! quilt you can do it blindfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of Giraffe heads. Your seam ripper holder is great. Awesome win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorna's patterns are great! Now that you have the heads done, the quilts should move very fast. I've made 2 of hers and have been tempted to do the giraffe one and Laying Pipe.

    Congratulations on winning all those blenders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your giraffe herd. Can't wait to see how you use them.
    Congrats on your winning new fabric.
    Hope you are staying warm.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win. Great prize.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).