Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Harry Potter embroidery

Woohoo!  I found my folder with the 'sticky stuff' that I had been using, way back in 2013, on my Harry Potter Project of Doom book blocks.  The folder had my 'sticky stuff' and also my tracing paper, templates and more.  It even had some of the titles already traced onto the 'sticky stuff' just waiting for me to get started back on those books. 
folder with embroidery tracing stuff

already prepared titles for books

The product that had been recommended to me years ago is Lecien Quick & Clear Transfer.  I don't think this stuff is sold anymore.  If I run out, I'll try a suggestion from Deb that she left in my comments on my last blog post (sorry, Deb is a no-reply commentor, so I couldn't get back with her :(.

I did finish another block yesterday.  This is the 2nd block like this (yes, I'm making 2 of each block).
2nd block like this is DONE

I've been working on some other things too, but I'll show them in another post.

Thanks for all the helpful ideas from everyone.  I now have lots of new ideas to use for the next blocks that I make for this quilt.



6 comments:

  1. I don’t what the other reader recommended,but I’ve had success with Sulky Solvy, sold with machine embroidery products. I adhere it with a little spray baste, embroider, then mist with water and it dissolves. Have also used Press and Seal, but it’s a little hard to remove and preserve your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a whole bolt of the sticky stuff. I know where it is. I just can't remember why I bought it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is brilliant. I can't wait to see the completed books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found it! At my house, it probably would have shown up about the time the quilt was finished. LOL. Your life might be easier now. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sticky stuff you are referring to, do you rinse it off after doing the embroidery? For that I'm using the "Sticky Fabri-Solvy" and it works pretty well and I bought it last year at Amazon, so it should still be available. Have fun with your Harry Potter ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).