Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Crazy Quilt and New Embroidery

I finished my Crazy Quilt the beginning of March, but never got a chance to take photos (raining too much).  Finally on Saturday, some friends held it up so that I could get a photo.
finished Crazy quilt

The backing is a sari that I found in a thrift shop.  I fused interfacing to the sari so that it would have more stability.  Not only did I add a hanging sleeve, but, I also added loops on the back to hold a wooden rod, to keep the sides from drooping (sorry, I didn't get a photo of the back). 

The Crazy Quilt was made for the challenge for the Camp Tuckabatchee Quilt Show this weekend.   The challenge was to make a Crazy quilt, no other rules.

If you want to attend the quilt show, then head to the Knights of Columbus Hall, 401 W. Main Street, Ottawa, IL.  Saturday, 10am - 5pm, and Sunday, 10am - 3pm.  I'll be there with 6 of my quilted projects and several of my vintage sewing machines. 

Way back in November of 2017 I ordered an embroidery quilt pattern from New Zealand.  I'd seen the quilt on Barbara's blog, Cat Patches.  I finally have started stitching on it.  Here is the first block.
1st block finished

Only 11 more blocks to stitch....



8 comments:

  1. Cute quilt I love how you turned those stitcheries in to a crazy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Crazy Quilt! Enjoy the Quilt Show and have a nice weekend. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Crazy Quilt! I especially like that middle Lady presiding over the blocks--Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love the lady in the middle with her fancy dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful!! So many cool elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I were closer and I'd be there! I saw the vintage embroidery machines blocks too and had to tie by hands behind my back to keep from ordering them. I DO NOT NEED another project to add to my UFO list.lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed seeing ALL of your vintage embroidery machine blocks. What fun! They will be lovely in one finished project!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).