Thursday, April 4, 2019

Camp Tuckabatchee Quilt Show part 2

The Camp Tuckabatchee quilt show had a featured quilter, Tana Sheets.  I've already shown her Judy Niemeyer quilt, here are some of her other quilts.
Featured Quilter, Tana Sheets

Featured Quilter, Tana Sheets

Featured Quilter, Tana Sheets

Featured Quilter, Tana Sheets

Featured Quilter, Tana Sheets

Featured Quilter, Tana Sheets

Here are some of the other quilts that were in the show.

up close of the quilting













I was asked to bring some of my vintage sewing machines.  They always have some vintage machines on display at this show.
my machines

my machines

my machines

my machines

The first time I got to attend this quilt show, back in 2013, they had the Treadle Races.  I won!  In 2015, the Treadle Races didn't happen, due to a family emergency.  In 2017, they had the Treadle Races again (yep, I won again).  Well.......this was the last Treadle Race.  This time I 'raced' on my own treadle. (click on the highlighted words below.  Sorry, hubby and I couldn't figure out how to load the video to my Google photos).

Treadle Races Video

I won!

Treadle Races blocks

Since my treadle was set up the whole weekend at the quilt show, I used the time to make my Fall Basic 4 patch exchange blocks for my Treadle On group.   For once, I'm ahead in getting blocks made. 
4 sets of Fall Basic Treadle On exchange blocks

Goodbye Camp Tuckabatchee Quilt Show.  I'll miss you!

14 comments:

  1. So much fun! Of course, webbing and the leader/ender patch is much faster. I loved watching you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you love this show. Webbing is so much easer when making patches. Great video and congrats on the win! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot, congrats Cheryl- and thanks for the bonus chaining tips demo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no-reply blogger :( It was lots of fun. Chain stitching and webbing blocks is much faster.

      Delete
    2. Cheryl something must be up with Blogspot then- I always check "Notify me"! I am getting all the comments via email. At any rate I need to start incorporating leapfrogging and whatnot, up to these point I've just done straight chains.

      Delete
  4. Amazing show. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Love your blocks, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the dragonfly quilt is my favorite of this set. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was quite an interesting show with a lot of inspiration thrown in. Thanks for giving us a virtual peek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO fun! i enjoyed the video and wished I was there treadling along with you!
    Makes me want to dust off my treadle and have a play time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilts and it is sad that this will be the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!
    Now what, exactly, is “webbing your blocks”??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't where I learned webbing from, but Wanda has a tutorial https://exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/2008/02/sewing-it-all-together.html

      Delete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).