Friday, May 17, 2019

Kevin the Quilter, Crumb Star class

Kevin the Quilter is in town.  He came to speak at my large quilt guild, Pride of the Prairie, and also to teach a class. His presentation last night was great!  Sorry I didn't get any photos, but I was holding up quilts (and getting to be one of the 'Huffman's Hotties' (search his blog and find the Huffman Hotties).

Today was Kevin's Crumb Star class.  Kevin taught us how to 'make' fabric from our tiniest scraps.  Remember that large bucket of scrap fabric I sorted?
large bucket of scraps

Lots of ladies used fabrics from the bucket, but it still feels pretty full.

Here are some of the pieces of fabric I made.
orange blocks before trimming

orange blocks after trimming

center blocks before trimming

center blocks after trimming

Here are some of the ladies that attended the class.







Here is Kevin, teaching.
Kevin, teaching

Here is my finished block. 
Kevin and me with my finished block

We even got a group photo.
All of us holding our blocks

What a fun class!  Tomorrow is another class, with my little quilt guild, Wego Quiltin'.  We'll be learning String Stars from Kevin.  Guess where that bucket of scraps will be tomorrow. 


14 comments:

  1. It would have been a fun class no matter what but I bet having Kevin there made it great! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I miss most about moving from the Chicagoland area, was the workshops!!! Looks like it was a successful fun day! I have a box of scraps... maybe I should play... with them. Nope not enough time!!! EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Your class and blocks look grand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the crumb star blocks, thanks for sharing your fun with us;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great class and your block is fabulous. I always new you had aspirations to be a Huffman Hottie! Enjoy the next class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of Kevin! I’ll be looking him up. Love your crumb blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SEW jealous!! I'm sure that everyone had a blast. The resulting Star blocks look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fun and interesting class! I like to make "fabric" from my scraps too but I usually don't know what to do with it! Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like my kind of class! I could bring scraps for EVERYONE and still have a bunch leftover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty way to use scraps. I love your block.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).