Monday, June 24, 2019

2019 Missouri TOGA

The Missouri TOGA (Treadle On Gathering & Academy) was this past weekend.  It was a 3 day event.  I only got to attend one day (Saturday) this time.  I didn't think I was going to get to attend at all until I found out that I didn't have to work last Friday.  Hubby offered to go with me, to help drive, so that he could go hiking and camping in the Ozarks while I attend the TOGA.  Woohoo!  (More info on last year's TOGA is here).

The first day of the TOGA, the attendee's had a Quilt & Antique Shop Hop.  They visited 3 different quilt shops in the area, and a couple of antique shops.  The quilt shops knew that they were coming, and presented everyone with goodie bags when they arrived.  One shop even had a demo for the attendee's.  How nice!

Friday and Saturday are the days when everyone sets up vintage sewing machines.  There are demo's, a sewing machine hospital, raffle quilt, raffle table, food, games and show-n-tell during these two days. 

On Saturday, we had show-n-tell early.  I took my String Star quilt and my Crazy Quilt to show off (sorry, I couldn't take pictures of my quilts).   I did get photos of the other show-n-tell items.







her first quilt

On Friday there was a demo on how to make chicken pin cushions.  Both of these girls had made several chicken pin cushions before the TOGA was done.





There were three demo's on Saturday.  Gina taught the Scrappy Mountain Majesties block.


Another lady taught how to make coasters (I didn't get photos since I was at a quilt shop during that time), and I taught several different ways to make Flying Geese.

There were two rounds of Left-Right-Center played.  On Friday, they played for fat quarters, and on Saturday we played for 2 1/2" strips. 
getting ready to play Left-Right-Center

The great thing about TOGA's, besides the lovely vintage sewing machines, is everyone helps everyone else. We had people helping each other with sewing projects and also with repairing sewing machines.




you can just see the raffle quilt on the left edge of the photo




I didn't get a photo of the raffle quilt (sorry, a bit of it is in a photo above) but I did get a photo of the raffle tables.  By raffle time, there were many more items added to the tables.


I only took a few photos of vintage machines this time. 




There were at least 43 people who attended the TOGA (not sure if everyone signed in or not). 

We are already preparing for next year's Missouri TOGA.  I can't wait!



13 comments:

  1. Awe looks like fun. Unfortunately I couldn't attend. I have kids staying with me at the last minute. Wow 43 that is a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to one TOGA in NYS and I just loved it. Wish I could travel to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hand embroidery and those three very fun baby quilts in your last post. This seems like such a valuable, informative and inspiring get together. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'd love to reply to you personally, but you are a no-reply blogger. TOGA's are a great way to learn more about our vintage machines, and to make new friends.

      Delete
  4. Wow, how fun is that...love the young girls there sewing those chicken pin cushions and their own quilt! That's a huge group for sure. I've love to go to a TOGA again. It's been quite awhile since we went to the Michigan one. Someday maybe :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! When one can't make it to TOGA, reading about them are the next best thing. I think my favorite picture is the treadle top made from rulers. Whoever thought of that -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun day and of course the shop hop would have been my highlight. I miss good antique/junk shops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great overview of the event, Cheryl!!

    Gina in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, we WERE really close! Just over an hour apart? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to see you there! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).