I started the month by making 2 Tinkerbell paper pieced blocks. The blocks are done, but, I didn't make any more progress on the projects these blocks are for. The free pattern for these blocks is at Fandom In Stitches (Disney). If you look at their block, you will then notice my mistake I made in my blocks (the eyelids). Oh well, I'm not correcting these blocks. I think they look like 1960's eye shadow on Tinkerbell.
|2 Tinkerbell blocks|
|dog booties made on this treadle|
|Padfoot in her new booties|
|3 more pincushions|
|tiny quilts as labels (1.5" square)|
|labels attached to the pincushions|
I started a 'Beginning Quilting' class at my church in January. These are the blocks that I made as examples of what they will be making.
|beginning quilting blocks|
I made 2 Quilts of Valor tops this month, too. I sewed the 'bricks' for one top last fall, but, never got a chance to finish it, or to start on the 2nd top. I pulled out my Singer 301, and took these to the Quilts of Valor sew-in in Yorkville this month. I finished these tops at home a few days later.
|1st Quilts of Valor top|
|2nd Quilts of Valor top|
The pipe froze at the local quilt shop that we have sew-ins at on Thursdays. The floor is still being repaired. Since we couldn't sew at the shop, some of us met at my house one Thursday for sewing and lunch. I made these sewing machine blocks that day.
|large & small sewing machine blocks|
Well, the larger blocks are now mug rugs.
|quilting on a hand crank sewing machine|
|1st mug rug|
|2nd mug rug|
|I made 2 of these, one will be for ME|
These are done, I just need to stitch the labels on them and get them off in the mail. These are thank you gifts.
Way back, last February, I found some great camping fabric to make pillowcases for hubby's camp pillow. He wanted zippers, just like the pillowcase that came with the pillow. Since I'd never put in a zipper, and since zippers scared me, this project sat untouched. Well, Monday, I finally got up the courage to tackle those zippers. I made one zippered pillowcase...
|zipper on pillowcase|
|zipper on pillowcase|
|zipper end of pillowcase|
|zippered end of pillowcase|
While trying to catch up on my blog reading (I'm usually way behind), I saw a cute block over on Linda's blog. Linda had found the Disappearing Pinwheel block on the Missouri Quilt Company's YouTube tutorials. I grabbed some fabric, and started cutting. I've cut out 54 blocks so far. I'm still stitching all those blocks, but, I can show you this much.
|start of Disappearing Pinwheel block|
As for sewing machines, I got 2 new (to me) machines in January.
|Eldredge chain stitcher|
|1941 Singer 66 hand crank (named Betty)|
I'm glad these machines all found new homes.
I'll be linking up to Barbara, over at Cat Patches for 2014 NewFO. I'll also be linking up with Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a Whoop! Whoop! and with Richard and Tayna for a Friday Finish.
Since the word I used for 2013, 'Progress' worked so well last year, I decided to use it again for this year. I think I made lots of progress in January. We'll see how the next 11 months go.
Time to go shovel........