Thursday, August 21, 2014

Quilts of Valor on Tuesday

Tuesday was a Quilts of Valor sew-in day at Sewing, Etc. in Yorkville, IL (great shop).
I didn't get any pictures of the quilts (sorry) but, I did get the important picture.  We were honored to get to award not one, but two Quilts of Valor to a father and son. 
Mr Miller and Mr Miller
The father served in WWII, and the son served during Vietnam.  What a special presentation it was.  We got to hear some great stories from Mr. Miller (father) about some of his exploits at the end of WWII. 

There are more pictures, included quilt pictures on the Land of Lincoln Quilts of Valor blog, here.


7 comments:

  1. That's so special to honor a father and son together! Thanks for making quilts for Quilts of Valor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Thank you for your service, Cheryl, and all your buddies. I have made one, but that was for my hubby. I need 2 more for my sons.... one just retired from a career in the Air Force. He never was in combat, Thank you God, but he was in a number of very uncomfortable places in his 26 years.

    Love that the father and son, Mr. Miller and Mr. Miller, (you are a card!) got their quilts together, and you gave me a chuckle, as usual.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very special presentation! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special opportunity! I love the picture ... the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts!!
    And so much more fun seeing the recipients :)
    I'm always thankful for their sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - what an honor!!! And such wonderful quilts for them too :*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilts of Valor is a great organization! My grandfather is still alive and in his early 90s. He served on the U.S.S. Enterprise at the end of World War II and is very proud of his ship. There are very few men left from that era.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).