Friday, October 17, 2014

Prairie Star Quilt Show

I went to a local quilt show today.  If you live near the Chicago area, this is a great show.  The show will also be on Saturday.  You can get info here.

There were lots of vendors, and the guild had a 'fabric' booth (fat quarters for $0.50, and fabrics for $2/yard) and also a members boutique.  Yes, I bought from both guild booths and some vendors (sorry, no pictures).  There were also books, magazines and patterns for sale, too.  I did get a couple of patterns (6 for $1). 

Don't worry, we did check out the quilts, too.  Lots of lovely quilts to show you. 
'Good for the Gander' by Sue Pawlowski


Mariner's Compass by Sarah Martin


Bali Wedding Star by Jean Campbell


Grandmother's Garden by Mary Winegar


Wipe Those Tears (hankie quilt) by Linda Harlson


Grand Old Flag by Cindy Krelle


Minnesota Nights by Sue Pawlowski

Grandma's Zipper Garden by Adele Jeschke


Noah's Ark by Joyce Cooper


Kathy's Christmas Memories by Shirley Dickenscheidt


Jumping for Buttons by Connie Kuykendall


Fourth of July by Emilie Pollman

Stained Glass by Jo Fritter

look how tiny these 9 patch blocks are


Colorful Dresden Plate by Jody Schoneck


Kinderplatz by Linda Slusar


Seeing Stripes by Chris Schwarz


Thanks, Jane by Chris Schwarz
 I love the name of this next quilt.
Lucy Boston Broke My Heart by Susan Strasser



Sweet Dreams by Mary Stewart


Heirloom Applique by Marion Schlindwein


She Wears Lilly by Sherena Titus

Irish Eyes by Erica Barrett


Christmas Among the Pines by Emilie Pollman


Northwoods Living by Diane Hubberts


Long May It Wave by Debbie Long


God Bless America by Lois Larson


Stars and Stripes by Elvira Illig


Desert Sky by Chris Berry


Autumn Posies by Lyneta Grap Piela


Mod Pop by Chris Berry


Broken Pickle Dish by Nancy Gambrel

Dancing Oriental Umbrellas by Mary Conway


Here a Chick-There a Chick- Everywhere a Chick Chick by Beth Martin


Henry's Zoo by Donna Fowler


Crazy Compass by Dixie Riley


Constellation by Dixie Riley


10 Little Rubber Ducks by Darlene Musur


Black and White and Red Allover by Kathy Elvin


The Farmer's Wife Goes to Chicago by Elaine Morgan


Grandmother's Secret Garden by Beth Allendoerfer


Windswept Ladies by Georgia Rodney





These are just a few of the lovely quilts.  I hope you enjoyed them.  Check out the quilt show if you can. 

PS:  They even had a Cafe', dessert was wonderful.


20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! So many amazing quilts! Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Quilt Show--thank you for showing it! i loved the Stained glass quilt and Windswept--altho' I'd be very hard pressed to pick a favorite....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are all stunning! I don't think I can even pick my top three! It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking so many photos. Great quilt show and lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful bur I really favor "Irish Eyes". Thanks for showing us a little piece of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe the prices of that fabric. I don't know if I would run there first or see the show first. I really love that selection of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love quilt shows! So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I wish I lived closer - I'd be there today!!!! Some of those quilts took my breath away - lots of different types of quilts too. I know you enjoyed the show. Thanks so much for sharing the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing bunch of quilts, thanks for sharing your pictures, Cheryl.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the eye candy and the inspiration! I KNOW how much time it takes to crop and upload all those photos, so double thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Serious eye candy! The colorful dresdens really caught my eye. I also love the QOV quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved seeing all of the quilts, thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the quilt show! It's always fun to see so many quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my so many beautiful quilts and variety.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow -- what beautiful quilts! I wished I lived nearby and could see them in person! There should have been more ribbons on those quilts! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for showing all the quilts. What a variety. So many gorgeous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful show this looks like???? Thanks for ALL of the eye candy! My favorites were Stained Glass.....you know why MINI 9 PATCHES.......and Stars and Stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful quilts - I just love the mariners compass, but that maybe because I'm ex-Navy. I just wish we could buy fabric as inexpensively in UK!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).