Thursday, May 7, 2015

Kevin the Quilter, part 3

After Kevin finished his presentation, it was time for show-n-tell.  This was one of the best show-n-tells in a while.  Wego Quiltin' has about 18 members.

I put my camera down after Kevin's presentation, so, all the pictures from this post (part 3) are Kevin's pictures (Thanks Kevin for letting me use them).  We still only got a small part of the show-n-tell projects. 

Marilyn, our president, helps the 5th grade class to make a Quilt of Valor each year, at the school her grandson's used to attend.  This is the 5th year she's been helping them make a Quilt of Valor.  This is this year's quilt (just needs trimming and binding).
Quilt of Valor made my 5ht grade class
Jo, our newest member, had lots of show-n-tell.  This is just part of her show-n-tell.  (She was busy over the winter).
Jo's One Block Wonder

another One Block Wonder

Jo's trip around the world
Jinnie's latest quilt
finished Seed Packet quilt, for tornado victims (mine)

up close of Seed Packet quilt
me with my Leg Lamp mini quilt

my son's wedding quilt

signature quilt top (for the wedding)
After quilt guild, we had to go get some Chicago style pizza at Giordano's. YUM!  Kevin took a picture of hubby (John) and I, with our pizza.
John and I
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.  Kevin had to head back home on Tuesday morning.  He promises that he'll be back, and, I plan on visiting him, too.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those who follow my blog, I was the 'collector' of quilts (and afghans and blankets) for the Illinois tornado victims.  All quilts/afghans/blankets will be distributed thru Quilts of Compassion, starting today.  They may need to make several trips, to get everything distributed (they have a great system to do this).  Marilyn and I drove up to Rockford, IL, and dropped off 29 quilts from both of our quilt guilds (Wego Quiltin' and Pride of the Prairie) at Quilters General Store.  More than 220 quilts/afghans and blankets had already been dropped off for the tornado victims by the time we got there on Tuesday.  What great people, crafters are!

Tornado's went thru several states yesterday (Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska...), and Quilts of Compassion will be collecting and distributing quilts in these areas, too.  Check them out, and help them collect quilts/afghans and blankets, if you can.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the pictures! I loved seeing the quilts, and now I know what you look like too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like he was a great speaker. It's always so inspirational to see other quilter's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 5th graders quilt. You know there are some quilters being developed in that project.
    Love the other quilts too. Especially your seed packet. Lovely. (You know I love seeds and the natural 'packets' they come in. I collect them. Now you know why I've got so much junk.)
    Thanks for getting and sharing Kevin's pictures. He must be a very nice guy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely quilts. Thanks for all you do for Quilts of Compassion. Janice and her team does an outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had some beauties to share, the wedding quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful quilt pictures! =).

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a relatively small group, you get a lot done. I love the quilt show and especially the picture of you and John. I can't imagine my husband ever accompanying me to such an event, let alone helping. Great big kudos to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I knew he was coming to your little guild....I follow Kevin and would have loved to meet and listen to him. Oh well, you and Marilyn call tell me all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't the Bargello amazing! Nice to have Kevin visit. Great siggy quilt ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply can't thank you enough for the wonderful time I had in Illinois! You and your family are wonderful! Thanks for sharing all of the photos! I have shared links to these posts on my blog! Thanks again for all of the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of the wedding quilts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the seed packet quilt. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the thoughtful comment you left on my posts. Seem that 'separation of church and state' is something our government doesn't get! Have a great week, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures of you Cheryl! I know you enjoyed Kevin's visit - he's such a sweetheart :*)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).