Sunday, June 21, 2015

Quilt Show!

Every year, the Quilters Dozen have a quilt show in the Little White Schoolhouse, during Prairie Fest.  It is a small quilt show, since it is in a one room schoolhouse.  The Quilters Dozen is a group of ladies who hand quilt.  They do let other locals in the quilt show.  I always stop in to see the show, before heading out to drive the Barbershop chorus float in the parade (hubby sings barbershop).

Here are some of the quilts that caught my eye.  I didn't keep track of who made each quilt, sorry (I was in a hurry).  I love that some of these quilts are new, and some are family quilts.






















The next two quilts have been featured on my blog, way back in 2011



This is the Quilters Dozen's raffle quilt.  Since I didn't receive a call, I'm assuming that I didn't win it (as usual).  Oh well.
2015 raffle quilt
The Quilters Dozen always has a quilt set up for the ladies to work on.  They take turns working on each others quilts.  This is the quilt they had set up.
current project
This is always a fun quilt show.  I know several of the ladies in this group.

The parade went well, but, since I was driving, I couldn't take any pictures. 

Hope everyone is having a great Father's Day!  This is how we've celebrated Father's Day for many years now.  We finish by eating a late lunch at Red Robin.  It was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! I always enjoy going to a quilt show with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the quilt show pictures.Looks like there were a lot of neat quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilts!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\, Cupcake wanted to say hi, hence the slashes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us along. Love quilt shows, and these are some of the nicest I've seen.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the quilt show, really some very nice ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I just love a good virtual quilt show! Thanks so much for posting photos of the ones you photographed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).