Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pillowcase Party!

I've been working on 17 pillowcases this week.  My sister-in-law suggested pillowcases for Christmas presents this year, so, I obliged.  I've only made a couple of pillowcases before this week. 

chain stitching pillowcases
I pinned pillowcases last night, until I ran out of pins.
pillowcases, waiting to be stitched
Near Chicago, we are getting snow.  Thank goodness I live in the far western suburbs, and, we've been lucky, and only have a few inches.  Other suburbs (north and west of Chicago) have been hammered with as much as 12-16 inches.  This is what it looked like out my sewing room window, as I was stitching the last few seams.
snow in the suburbs
And here are the finished pillowcases. 
the monsters glow in the dark





I purchased the Eiffel Tower fabrics about the time Paris was being attacked, last Friday.  We have a niece that is studying abroad, about 2 hours from Paris.  Scarry!

I still have lots of stitching to get done before Christmas.  I guess my break is over.

12 comments:

  1. These look great. What a wonderful idea for Christmas presents. We are heading into summer here so it seems strange to see the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pillowcases are such fun! I always make them for quilts I give as gifts. Another friend (a transplant from Louisiana to Chicago) posted pictures of all the snow at her house...stay warm & safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a lot of pillowcases for our guild charity drive for community gift boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project. The pillowcases look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are great and I'm sure everyone will love them! I love the ones on either side of the Eiffel Tower one - great bright fabrics. I measured 12.5" of snow about 2 hours before the storm ended. So we have plenty. It made for a great day to stay inside, stitch, and enjoy the beauty of the snow. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your pillowcases. I too am making them for Xmas gifts I think I have made 10-12 not sure 2 more to go. the nieces, nephews, and grandkids like them and told me they were tradition to get one at Xmas..enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pillowcase!

    I hate seeing the snow! Winter is such a depressing time of year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That's a lot of fabric. Your stash will be empty ; )
    I've only ever made 2 pillowcases before too. Is this the one that sews like a tube? I've yet to try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was a lot of sewing but you have so much done now. I love that owl fabric, it makes me think of a Harry Potter quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of pillowcases. I was going to make pillowcases, until I figured out my mom was making pillowcases. She was asking me what the boy's favorite super hero was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely selection! Something for every taste.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).