Sunday, July 22, 2018

2018 Michigan TOGA

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! 

Saturday was the annual Michigan TOGA.  The TOGA moved from Sharon's home (after 10 years) to the Hen House quilt shop in Charlotte, Michigan.  What a great venue!

Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the Hen House.  Oh my, what a huge quilt shop!  I was a VERY good girl, and only got 4 different fabrics (2 for projects, and 2 sewing themed fabrics) some needles and some needle threaders, and some fun goodies.  Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of my purchases. 

I DID get a new sewing machine at the TOGA (surprise, surprise).  I bought a lovely pre-1900 Atalanta hand crank (German) from Tina. 
pre-1900 Atalanta hand crank

goodies that came with the Atalanta hand crank

Thanks Tina for selling me this lovely machine.  I even stitched some exchange blocks for the upcoming Fall Basic half square triangle exchange on this machine. 

I didn't take very many pictures at the TOGA (unlike most years).  Sorry.  I did get my picture taken with someone that some of you might know, Colette from What about Rheema? blog.

Colette and me

Colette brought along her Singer 99 (electric) and we turned it into a hand crank for the day.  So easy to do, and Colette turned it back to electric all by herself.

I did get some pictures of some of the other machines people brought to the TOGA.






I only got a picture of one of the other ladies at the TOGA (bad me).  Here is Diane with her hand crank.
Diane & her hand crank

I took a picture of the great carrying bag that Diane made, to carry her wooden hand crank cases.
Diane's hand crank carry bag

I think I need to make a few of these for my machines. 

What a fun day! 

13 comments:

  1. We had a great time! Hope to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time - especially with the 'new' machine! That is a great bag for carrying cases. Love that it will work for many different sizes. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fun!!! All I have is a Spartan that I turned into a hnadcrank. I do have a parlor cabinet treadle with a Tiffany decal 15.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and time - glad you made it home safely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the machines. I have folks keeping an eye out for a hand crank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you had a good trip. Those vintage machines are works of art.
    I find when I get together with friends, even if I brought a camera, I get too busy chatting and catching up to even remember to take it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful machines! Such a variety to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great time and a new to you machine, not surprised;) You give them a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing those wonderful hand cranks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I had such a fun time, and you know as soon as I got home I was ordering a hand crank and wheel to convert my machine back to people powered. I was not as restrained as you in my fabric purchases. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great event it was! I'm impressed at your discipline at the quilt shop -- I've heard about that shop! Glad you had a happy time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many gorgeous machines... I biggie sized them on my computer screen and enjoyed seeing each one. I am really hoping to be able to come next year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew there were so many people who love old sewing machines. I feel myself becoming a convert.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).