Thursday, August 23, 2018

Churn Dash Baby Quilt

I finished the Churn Dash baby quilt.  I used pink Realtree camo flannel for the Churn Dash blocks.  The background fabric is a dotted print (it doesn't show up very well in the pictures).

speckled Minkee on the back

I used most of the extra fabric to make 2 flannel/satin blankets to go with the quilt.
flannel on one side, satin on the other

Yes, the satin is washable.  I took these pictures after I'd washed and dried everything.  I even pre-washed all the fabrics before I made anything.

I had some scraps left, so, I decorated a couple of burp rags.
matching burp rags

This is what the background fabric looks like.
background fabric

All of these are for my BFF's newest grandbaby, which is due in a few days.  I'd better get these in the mail.

I tried a new technique for finishing my binding ends.  Chris Lynn Kirsch showed this on her blog. It is called 'No-End Binding'.

trying the No-End binding technique

This was a great way to do the binding ends.  I'll be using this method again.  Thanks Chris!

Other than on Tuesday, when we went to Sewing, Etc. to stitch, I haven't gotten much sewing done this week.  I just haven't been in the mood.  I've sat in my sewing room and organized while watching movies.  Hopefully I'll get in the mood quickly, since I have several projects that really need to get done.  Some of them I haven't even started yet.  Sometimes when I have so many projects due, I find it hard to even get started.  I think it becomes a bit overwhelming.  Do you ever get that way?  What do you do about it?  

17 comments:

  1. Ditto on the overwhelmed. Can't pick which project to inch along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt—and a whole baby set! Right now I have several projects going but I’m enjoying them all—the difference? No immediate deadline. A looming deadline for multiple projects can get to anyone. Can you pick the one that can be completed in the quickest amount of time and tackle that first? Perhaps that will build momentum. Sometimes I have to force myself at first but it doesn’t take too long....usually. And maybe go with music or an audio book for a while instead of movies so you aren’t tempted to stop and watch? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! The pink churn dash is lovely!! :) Oh yes, I definitely can get overwhelmed, very easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quiIt and all are adorable. What a great gift! I have what feels like a zillion projects going and I understand the overwhelmed. Most days I just pick the project that looks the most fun. Needless to say, nothing is getting finished very fast. I think I'm much less productive the more I have going. Good Luck! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect quilt!! and Churn dashes - its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um-YES I feel overwhelmed like that sometimes too. I just had a weird day yesterday where I didn't feel like doing much, but I pushed through and finished a couple more table runners. Then putzed around a bit in the sewing room. But hey if you were in there organizing that is something that needs doing from time to time-so you were still productive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink camo and polka dot background make such a fun combination! The set you made is a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get in my closet and organize my fabrics, but I know this will mean taking it all out of the rolling carts and stacking in piles and refolding. I can't face it right now!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do overwhelm myself frequently! I usually start clearing the cutting table and organizing some scraps to make Maverick Stars. Once I've been in the sewing room for about a half hour and started sewing a star or two, I'm refocused and ready to get going on projects that I want to make progress on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pink camo quilt is precious! I love it! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one sweet baby quilt.Surely it will be loved and well used. ... and a cleaver use of the left-overs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet quilt. What a great way to use your leftovers, line with satin or flannel-great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no-reply blogger. I left you a message on your website, since I couldn't find an email address for you.

      Delete
  13. Sometimes it is simply being indoors that sucks the motivation away. Often times a carefree day away from home is what I need to get excited to get back to sewing. A day at a festival, or a vigorous (for me, mild by some people's ability) hike on a nature trail, or simply sitting on a bench near a river listening to the calming sounds of wind and bird song. These often do the trick for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no-reply blogger. I've been out every day this week. That isn't helping me any. I haven't been in my sewing room for a couple of days now. Hopefully by the time I get back in there, I'll be ready to get some stuff done.

      Delete
  14. Hello Cheryl,

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    The cot quilt and extras are so sweet. It's lovely seeing a matching set in girly pink. I'm sure the new mum loves it.

    The no-end binding method is interesting - it gives a good neat finish.

    Don't fret about losing the flow with sewing. It has been much the same with me these past few weeks. Just welcome it as a well earnt rest and do something different for a while. Soon enough you will be back.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).