Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Saturday Stitching Fun!

Last Saturday, hubby and I drove to Charlotte, Michigan.  I sewed with the ladies who stitch at the Hen House Quilt shop, and also picked up a treadle, as part of a Pony Express.
some of the ladies I was sewing with

more of the ladies I was sewing with
A few of the ladies were also hand stitching with this group.  I was working on more project bags.
1927 Singer 15 hand crank

The main reason we went was to pick up this lovely treadle for a friend of mine.
1888 Willcox & Gibbs treadle

Willcox & Gibbs treadle

Oh my, what a lovely treadle this is. 

The colors are at or past peak in Michigan.  Most of the color wasn't next to the roads, but, inside the forests, where I couldn't get pictures (driving too fast). 


Don't worry, hubby was driving.  I was stitching on my Be Attitudes quilt block.


10 comments:

  1. What gorgeous old machines...and such a pretty drive, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had good weather and a fun sew. The machine is gorgeous. Love your Pony Express reference.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to live in a part of the country where you have such beautiful color! And great machines. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you who would go pick up a machine like that and not keep it for yourself!😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. The machine itself looks so small. You are nice to volunteer to transport it.

    I spy Harry Potter fabric! Don't you have a Project of Doom quilt or two started?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm drooling from way out west on the lovely old sewing machines! Did they ever get out this far west, or were they only back east to Midwest I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no-reply commentor, so I can't reply personally to you. These machines are all over the country. Some even came west in covered wagons. Lots of collectors on the west coast.

      Delete
  6. Told hubs I need a treadle. Lol well want one real bad hee hee. That one looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! I would love to attend one of those meetings!
    What a lovely treadle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What type of stitching is your friend going to do with treadle machine? I learned to sew on a Singer Treadle and have one here in my office. It's not the one I learned to sew on, Mom traded her's in for a new machine when I was in junior high school; but it's the machine my Dad's sister had, and he thinks that it came from his mother's house or his grandmother. I don't remember Grandma ever sewing so I wonder. Still cool to have it.
    Playing catch up as I've been away, so will hopefully see what I missed on your blog, as I leave you the catch up posts from mine. Looks like you had wonderful participation with your group of sewers.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).