Monday, January 7, 2019

Crazy Quilt is almost done

We've been watching all the Harry Potter movies, since New Year's Eve.  That gives a lot of time for hand stitching. 

First, I finished up the Be Attitudes quilt blocks.

Next, I did some hand quilting on a baby quilt.  Sorry, I don't have any photos of that, yet.  I'll show it when I get the binding stitched on it.  The binding is cut, waiting to be stitched for 2 baby quilts.

Next I started the last of the stitching on the Crazy Quilt for the Camp Tuckabatchee Quilters challenge.  This quilt will be shown in the quilt show the end of March.  I finished the embroidery on it last night.

I used a vintage table runner, cut up, for the top and bottom ladies.  To make it easier to applique them, I cut out a circle from non-fusible interfacing, and stitched it to the pieces.
stitching the interfacing to the piece

two ready to be appliqued ladies embroideries

The next embroidery was much harder to work with, since it had been cut roughly, long before I acquired it.  The satin around the lady's head was way too small.  The lace at the bottom of the lady's dress was in bad shape, and needed repairs, too.  I didn't want to change out the lace.  I repaired the lace as I stitched it to the Crazy Quilt.
trying to attach the interfacing to her head

ready to applique to the Crazy Quilt

And here are all three pieces, appliqued to the Crazy Quilt top.


This would have been finished sooner, but, I had to do lots of ripping out of stitches.   Ding dong me wasn't paying enough attention, and stitched the lady not only to her square, but, part of the quilt top was turned under, and it also got stitched to the underside of the quilt, as I stitched part of her dress down.  I'm glad I noticed it only half way thru stitching her down. 

Now to find a backing for this Crazy Quilt, and finish it. 

I also made 5 crazy heart paper pieced blocks for a table runner.  I'll show that later this week.   The table runner is due by Sunday, so I need to get cracking on it.  My time is now very limited, since I started my new job this morning.  It will take me a bit to re-arrange my schedule, and figure out how much quilting time I'll have from now on. 

I'm off to my little quilt guild.  Have a nice evening!

6 comments:

  1. Great salvage of the 'ladies'!! And a new place for them to live. You have been busy... I haven't been unless you count numbers as creative (I do NOT). Not enough hours in the day! Hopefully the new job gives you something... eithe more money or more time, better pay or shorter commute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your saved ladies are beauties! Love what you are doing with them. The crazy quilt is fabulous. Good luck with your new work adventure. I am sure you can figure it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save for the ladies. I've never read the Harry Potter books but I have a couple grandsons that love the series. I was thinking about reading a few of the books but maybe the movies are the way to go... ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stroke of luck for those ladies that they came to live at your house. You are doing an amazing job of helping them live long lives in better surroundings. What kind of new job do you have? Hope it gives you ample time to keep quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).