|quilt top #1|
|quilt top #2|
|(almost) finished baby quilt|
I used variegated thread and some cute stitches on my Janome and machine quilted this. Since I don't machine quilt (I stink at free motion), I just quilted next to the seams and around the fake rick-rack on the blocks. I tried some free motion around the dresses, just following the lines of the dresses and purses in the corners. Not the best, but, not too bad, either. I'll finish binding it over the Thanksgiving holidays.
|basted table runner|
I started this table runner last fall. It was made on my first treadle, a 1896 Singer 15 Series treadle. I wanted to make something on the treadle, and I'd never made anything 'Halloween' before. I actually made three table runner tops, and several placemats like this, but, they aren't done yet. After Halloween, last fall, I just put them aside and worked on some other projects instead.
|(almost) finished table runner|
|close up of hand quilting the spiderwebs|
I'm hoping to get a chance to show off some of my treadles and hand cranks at one guilds quilt show in March, and, I need some examples of what I've made on those machines. I'd better get a move on on the other projects from those machines.
Sorry I haven't blogged much. It really has been crazy busy around here. I don't expect it to slow down until after Christmas. I still have a few deadlines before then. We'll see......