Friday, June 15, 2018

Stitching! Stitching! Stitching!

I've been stitching up a storm the past 2 days.  I was celebrating National Sewing Machine Day on Wednesday.

I prepped Triangulations papers and fabrics for Half Square Triangles.  Triangulations is my favorite way to make HST's.  I made 180 different HST's.  These are for 2 different projects.
Triangulations HST's

I was bad, and didn't close my rotary blade cover.  I barely touched the blade to my hand and cut myself (not bad, thank goodness).
rotary cutter slice

Put your rotary cutter down, and close the blade EACH time.  I didn't put the rotary cutter down, when I tried to move something with that same hand, and I also didn't close the blade.  The cut kept bleeding and I was working with white fabrics, so, since it was National Sewing Machine Day, this is the bandage I chose to use.


I love to stitch my Triangulations on my hand cranks.
1927 Singer 15 hand crank

I spent the day stitching, cutting, ironing and pulling papers off the backs of 180 HST's.
180 hst's

Those pinwheels are now stitched together, and I'm working on adding corners to all of them. 

I'm heading out to the Prairie Fest Quilt Show shortly.  There is also an ugly fabric quilt contest at the church where my little quilt guild meets.  If my camera will charge, I'll try to take pictures.  Since Picassa was taken over by Google, I can't upload pictures from my camera easily to Google photos.  I don't like taking pictures with my phone, but, that is the only easy way at the moment.  I wish Google wouldn't keep changing things.  They are making things MUCH HARDER, not easier.  *(I also wish that they would bring back our comments to our inboxes).

Saturday I have a sew in with my large quilt guild.  It will be a nice (HOT) quilting weekend.  

11 comments:

  1. A kiss for your boo-boo. Lucky you have the right kind of bandaids.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bandaid! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am debating for a future scrap project of all pinwheels and hsts. I need to do it with the triangulations.....thanks for the reminder. I am so clumsy now a days....I use the cutter that automatically closes when released. Sure has saved my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also use the cutter that self closes. I can't tolerate sewing through paper- it sets my teeth on edge. I cut my triangles in strips using the easy angle ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how you can get a cut from a rotary blade when you barely touch it but the blade will still seem dull when you want to cut fabric??! Of course, I doubt that you let your blades go dull. Love your choice of bandaids and your pinwheels. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be fun to see what your projects turn into. Yes that darn little cuts can hurt like the dickens!! I always try to close the cutter but a few times I have forgotten. I also have the auto close one but I change back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rotary cutters can be very dangerous. I cut the tip of my finger off years ago, and it scared me pretty bad. BTW, I'm still having trouble with comments left on my blog. Even though I've always been able to respond to yours, it is now coming back as a noreply comment :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so annoyed at google too! Such a pain navigating photos and I can't upload them to google albums anymore...I'm probably doing something wrong, but having to take time to navigate all that again is sooooo frustrating!! Great hst's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly! I have done the same thing far too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying this again. Google, I want my comments back in my inbox!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This past week at camp, I presented the "Royal-Order-of-the-Bloody-Thumb" and that kid missed his thumb and cut his palm. Would you like one of those awards?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).