Sunday, August 26, 2018

Slow Stitching Sunday

I'm slow stitching today.  This is my Be Attitudes quilt, that I've been (very) slowly working on for almost 3 years now.  I won this set of blocks from another quilter.  All that was needed was to do the applique on them.  I decided that I wanted to hand stitch them, not machine stitch these blocks. 

I started these blocks with December, and I'm working backwards on them.  This is the 7th block (June) that I'm working on now.
7th block

I had to take some stitching out earlier today.  I started stitching around his arm in dark olive green, but, it wasn't showing up, so, I ripped it out.  The photo below shows the green thread that I had been using.
red shows up, the green above didn't show up

What's an 'Oops!' now and then. 

Speaking of 'Oops!', I mailed the pink Churn Dash baby quilt off on Friday morning.  The mother went into labor on Thursday evening.  Well.....I got a call from the daddy not long after I'd mailed the package.  'Oops!'.  The doctor was wrong!  Instead of a baby girl, it was a baby BOY!  The baby shower was for a girl, all pinks and grays.  Baby Weston is healthy, so, that is all that matters.

I was at the thrift store when I got the call.  The thrift store was having a 40% off sale, so, I quickly headed to the baby clothes, and picked up lots of BOY things.  They will get there the day after the pink baby quilt ;).

Well, after chatting with the new mother, I have some ideas for a new, baby boy quilt. 
I'm thinking that this might be incorporated in the new quilt

I'll be off to the quilt store tomorrow, to see what fabrics I can find to go with the picture above, and to the copy store to get that blown up. 

Other than a bit of sewing at the quilt shop on Tuesday, I haven't sewn at all this week.  Things kept happening, that kept me out of my sewing room.  I'm enjoying my 'slow stitching' today.  I think it was just what I needed.

10 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! What a surprise for everyone - a boy! I'm glad you already have an idea for his quilt. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a surprise for those parents! Glad you got a slow stitching day--kind of what I did this weekend (when I wasn't working outside). So...relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love surprises.....evidently God does too! LOLOL I know the reasons why parents try to find out their unborn child's gender....and that's great....but, if you think about it....having a baby is one of those surprises in life that may be worth waiting for? You are extremely generous with your talents to make another baby quilt for Weston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another quilt to make-such a tough life us quilters have, haha. But OMG what a surprise thinking you are having a girl, ooops, I can't imagine the emotions and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some oops for Mom Nd Dad.....but I am sure they are delighted anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun surprise! You never hear of this happening any more. You're a good sport to make another quilt. Or maybe it's a bonus because you have an excuse to make another quilt! Enjoy your hand applique, your stitches are so even.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite the surprise! But exciting that you get to draft a new quilt. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog post - I still can't respond to comments - frustrating! But if someone outbids me, which will likely happen, I'll just make another one. It has been a fun quilt to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed making my Beatitudes quilt...yours is just so fun!! Love your stitching...I should have contrasted my thread more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the surprise baby story! That doesn't happen very often anymore.
    Enjoyed seeing your Beatitudes quilt... just love that project!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).