Thursday, May 9, 2013

Where did the time go?

There was a very important reason that I was traveling last week.  Yes, getting to meet Michelle (and dropping off 2 machines) and delivering 50 quilts for Quilts of Valor, are important, but, there was a more important reason for my travels.

Christopher, age 1
This is my oldest son.  This was taken when we lived in Texas, during bluebonnet season.  Such a cutie! Sorry about the quality of the picture, but, taking a picture of a picture is kinda hard.  This was taken before digital camera's came out.

This 'cutie' is all grown up now.  He graduated college on May 4th.  May 4th was a great day for him to graduate, since he is a HUGH Star Wars fan (May the 4th be with you).

May the 4th be with my graduate!

This is what was under the mask.


Still a cutie!
His little brother showed up shortly before graduation.  The following are a few normal 'brotherly' pictures of them goofing off. 

posing for the camera

normal character

trading hats

finally a 'regular' picture
Hubby's parents and my mother all came from Texas for the ceremony.

my mom, graduate, hubby's parents
 Everyone is dressed warmly because it SNOWED off and on for 3 days in May!  Oh My! 

hubby and I with the graduate
 Christopher will be home until he gets a job.  His little brother will be home, too, in a few days.  After seeing those 'normal' pictures of them above, can you tell what we will be in for this summer?  They haven't both been home for more than a few weeks, at the same time, in almost 2 years.  My summer may be WILD.  I'll enjoy them while I have them. 

CONGRATS Christopher!

More on the last leg of my trip is coming soon!





15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Christopher and best of luck job hunting! Isn't it amazing how fast the years go .. and how slow some hours pass? Enjoy the summer with the boys! That too will pass swiftly. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mom. Enjoy every minute of having them home. I know I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Christopher!!! God's blessings on your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Christopher! What was his major?
    I see this all the time - siblings love to ham it up for the camera. My hubby (70) and his sister (66) do it too.
    Love the bluebonnets. I think we have some locally, too, but not in the great swaths as there. (I thought they were Lupine. They must be related?)
    Such lovely pictures - everbody so proud! Heck, I'm proud of him. I never finished.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to everyone, it does take a family to get to this point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and your sons look just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great occasion! And I have a five year old grand daughter who could teach them a few more poses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your son on such an auspicious event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! To all of you. Such a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Christopher! Enjoy your boys being home! So glad you were able to stop to visit on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Christopher and to you, you're going to have a fun and amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you are going to have a fun and wild summer with your boys!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).