Wednesday, July 24, 2019

RSC19 & Other Finishes

I decided to finish my pink RSC19 blocks on my Featherweight.  The block I'm making each month is called Cut Glass.
pink RSC19 blocks

I also turned the 4 pineapple blocks into pin cushions.  One of these is for the Treadle On pin cushion exchange. 
4 pin cushions

Yesterday I finished block #11 of the Vintage Sewing Machine blocks. I only have one more block to finish.  I was really hoping to find the other Ella & Skysie sewing machine design called 'Antique Sewing Machines', but I'm not having any luck.  These patterns are out of print.
Vintage Miniature Sewing Machines block #11

The block above is of a Singer 20 chain stitch machine.  I have one in my collection.
1950's Singer 20

I also finished another LOTR/Hobbit set of blocks, Lord of the Eagles.
Lord of the Eagles block

both blocks together

I only have 2 of these LOTR/Hobbit blocks left to make. 


PS:  For those of you who have been praying for us, hubby started his new job Monday.  It's been a long 9.5 months, but God has provided all along the way.  

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your tiny pincushions! I will keep my eye out for those embroidery patterns for you. I have no talent for paper piecing, but I love to see your hobbit blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are wonderful, and congratulations to hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your progress. You haven't mentioned much about your husband's situation, but it has been on my mind and I am so glad to hear things are working out. Give him a thumbs-up from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those blocks you are working on. Good to hear that things are on the up swing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to Hubby and good luck on new job. your pin cushions are lovely. Your are making good progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pineapple blocks. Are they paper pieced? Great idea to make them into pincushions. So glad to hear that your husband starts a new job. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your hubby. Love your eagles, and the pineapple pincushions. Thanks for showing them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cut glss blocks! The hsTs re perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pink Cut Glass blocks! The embroidery block looks great and I love how you even own one of these. I've seen the machines on social media but I didn't realize they do a chain stitch. Maybe not all of them? Congratulations to your hubby gaining employment. Hope it's a job he likes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YaY! for the job!!! The pincushions are lovely! That 'Cut Glass' is a lot of 1/2 Square Triangles!!! No sewing here, and I miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you that your husband found a job!!!

    I just found out that there is a new featherweight group in our area that meets on Fridays. I'm trying to work my introvert self into going this week since I don't have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Cut Glass blocks look SEW good in PINK!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).