Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quilts of Valor Sew-In

Yesterday was another Quilts of Valor sew-in.  This time it wasn't at our regular quilt shop, but, at Quiltfabric.com, in Westmont, IL. 

some of the ladies at the sew-in

more of the ladies
There were 9 of us in all, cutting, marking, ironing and sewing. 

We didn't get a top finished, but, we were pretty close.  The ladies will finish the top next week.

quilt that we were working on
This is the quilt that we were working on.  It will be a nice quilt when it is finished.  I had a good time with the ladies.  Chris, the owner of the shop, even provided us with a pizza lunch.  Yum!

This has been a busy time for our local Quilts of Valor chapter.  We had 2 sew-ins in January and we've had 3 sew-ins so far in February.  There is one more sew-in scheduled for next Tuesday, at a new quilt store in Yorkville.  I'm hoping to attend that one, too.  We usually only have one sew-in per month.  We will be having lots of veterans returning home in the next year, so, we need lots of quilts.  If you want to help, go to the link above, and you can find out more about this organization and how to help.  If you live near the Chicago area, contact me and I'll get you involved (I can be pretty persuasive in that area). 

5 comments:

  1. That's so true - our boys and girls will be heading home!! What a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Cheryl. And thank you for all that you do for our vets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- y'all have been *busy* this year! Some nice looking blocks, too -- hope you'll be able to post a "finished" pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! My guild has a group that meets twice a month to sew up quilts for Quilts of Valor. Your post has inspired me to drop-in to help my guild. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).