Sunday, March 2, 2014

Quilt Show this Weekend & some gifts and wins!

My large quilt guild is having a quilt show this weekend.  I'll have a booth with some of my vintage sewing machines at the show.  If you are in the area (Western Chicago suburbs), come on by.  This is one of the best shows in the area (and I thought this before I joined this guild).  I will be in the vendor area.

Pride of the Prairie Quilt Show: 

March 8th & 9th Saturday 9 am to 5 pm           Sunday 10 am to 4 pm        Admission $6
Richland Grade School, 1919 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill.  (Just 1/4 mile west of Caton Farm & Weber Road.)
Hundreds of quilts on display - don't miss it!

Oh yea, our raffle quilt from the last show, was won by a local lady who bought her 1 ticket the day she came to the show.  

(Don't forget the time change this Sunday!!!!)

February 3rd was my birthday.  I wanted to show some of the gifts I received from some fellow quilters.

First, I received a quilt!

my birthday quilt from Kay
 From my friend Marilyn, I received a great pin cushion to sit on the arm of my chair.

pin cushion from Marilyn (laid out)

pin cushion on the arm of a chair
Mary made me a cute wallet and card.

card and wallet from Mary
A fellow sewing machine collector sent me this great thread stand he made.  

thread stand from Fred
Early in February, there was a shop hop in my area.  I won a quilt kit, but, I didn't get a chance to pick it up until last week.  I won this from The Quilt Merchant in Winfield, IL.

stupid picture keeps turning on me, sorry
 There is a picture of me holding the quilt kit on Valerie's blog.

As for sewing, I got lots done in January, a bit done the beginning of February, but, after my trip to Iowa, I really haven't done much at all, other than watch the Olympics.  I think this long, cold, brutal winter is getting to me.  I'm hoping that I can get back in the groove in March.  We'll see.




7 comments:

  1. Well, you need some projects to demonstrate on those machines during the show. Lovely gifts and wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gifts are lovely! Especially love the thread stand, how creative! And I wish I could make it to the show this weekend, I hope it will be a huge success!

    PS. I am starting to think this winter will never end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts, and I love that picture of you! Did I wear you out when you were here? Sorry! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice people you know...nice birthday gifts from them. You do look happy in your winners picture.
    Put some spring time pictures up in your windows, and pretend.
    My machine went to the fixit shop today... It's been making an awful grinding noise -still making good stitches though. I couldn't stand the sound and was worried I was making it worse. 2 weeks without. (silent scream)
    Great hearing from you!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, what some great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice bunch of friends you have...lovely birthday gifts. Hope the Quilt Show as a big success. Wow...what's with this winter weather!!! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is beautiful. What a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).