Monday, August 14, 2017

Book Review

The Legacy, by Michael Phillips.


This is the third, and last, in the Secrets of the Shetlands Series.

I didn't read the first in this series, but, I did read the 2nd book in this series.  I thought the 2nd book was really good, but, this book is even better!  We find out more about the characters that started this journey, Brogan and Emily.  Not only do we get to see their personal stories, but, we also get to see their spiritual journeys.  We see how their beliefs can change lives, including, but, not limited to their own lives. 

This story would still be good as a stand alone book.  There are many mentions of things that happened in the first 2 books, but, they come with some back story, too. 

Decades ago, I read a book that was set in the Shetland Islands, and, I've been fascinated with that area ever since.  This book (and series) gives lots more insight into the Shetland Islands and it's people.  This book also includes Shetland history during WWII, when the Shetland people helped in so many ways, to aid the war effort. 

I recommend reading this book.  I still want to read the first book.  I'll re-read these books again.

*I was given a copy of this book for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. OHhhh....sounds good. Think I will look for it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read on of Michael Phillips books. I'll be on the look out for this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for a new book and new author. Thanks. I'll have to look into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).