Thursday, May 2, 2019

1st Finish of May

I finished another Vintage Miniature Sewing Machine block yesterday.  This is the 4th block in the series of 12.
block #4

I've already started the next block.  Some people have asked me if I'm doing these blocks on a machine (machine embroidery).  No, I don't own an embroidery machine.  These are all by hand.  Here is the block I started yesterday, showing my needle and embroidery hoop.
block #5

I've stitched a lot on this block, since I took the photo.

Colette, over at What about Rheema showed her cup holder attached to her ironing board, holding her spray bottle.  Well, I've had a cup holder similar to hers for several years now, just attached to a bookshelf.  I decided to attach mine to the end of my ironing board, like she did.
screw on cup holder, holding my spray bottle

Do you see my misting spray bottle in the cup holder?  I love it!  I got it over at IHAN (I Have a Notion) from Beth.  Beth also has a blog.  Beth will be coming to my large quilt guild (Pride of the Prairie) in August, and will be teaching a thread painting class. 

Kevin the Quilter will be at BOTH of my quilt guilds in May (2 weeks from now).  Info here.   I can't wait!  There are still a few spaces available in both of Kevin's classes. 


9 comments:

  1. I have the same spray bottle for my homemade best press.

    Those embroidery blocks look like they were created especially for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Vintage Machines stitcheries are looking good. I have a clip on holder for my spray bottles too, but your's is cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheryl for the PLUG!!! Really really appreciated! The spray bottles are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sewing machines are so charming- not cute- charming. A beautiful job. Wish I lived closer to go to your guild and Kevin's classes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You couldn't have found a better project just for your, it screams your name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those vintage machine embroideries are so unique. I have never seen anything like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stitching. I have a mister, I don't use it as much as my industrial size spray bottle I like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blocks! What a perfect project for you. =) Did you see that the Featherweight shop has created a handcrank for the Featherweight? Oh, that is tempting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hand embroidery is the best, right? So calming and fun.

    Love the wip you've here!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).