Saturday, May 18, 2019

Kevin the Quilter, String Star class

It was another fun day with Kevin the Quilter!  Kevin stayed with my husband and I during his visit.  What a great house guest.  We got a couple dozen fresh eggs from Kevin's chickens.  I'd never had a green egg before.  Kevin knows from the color of the eggs, what breed of chicken layed that egg. 
eggs from Kevin's chickens

Kevin visited my little quilt guild 4 years ago.  I wrote 3 different blog posts for that visit.   The ladies all enjoyed Kevin's presentation so much that when we knew for certain that Kevin was coming to my large quilt guild, we decided to have him teach a class just for us while he was here. 

Huffman's Hotties helped start off Kevin's class.



Kevin taught us how to make his String Star quilt.
Kevin with his String Star quilt 

We had a great group of ladies at this class.

Kandy's tiara is a Hawaiian tiara







Of course, we had tons of great food for lunch.  We had it spread out all over the kitchen.  Linda got a head start adding chicken to her salad.


Everyone had some great string diamonds.
Patriotic

colorful

my diamonds

more colors

Minions

Kevin is selling his first pattern.  It was just printed before he came. 
Kevin's first pattern, Goodnight Darlene

Goodnight Darlene quilt

Kevin is a very hands on teacher.  He loves to make sure everyone is having fun and learning new things.
Kevin, teaching the next step

By the end of the class we all had completed quilt tops.
completed quilt tops

Here is a closer look at my completed quilt top.  The ladies with me are friends and drove up from downstate just to take both of Kevin's classes.  It was fun to see both of them again.
Mary Ann, Kevin, Sharon & me

It has been a fun few days with Kevin.  If your guild ever needs a fun speaker, think of Kevin.  I'd love to attend more of his classes.




10 comments:

  1. Oh, to have been at your breakfast table (and in your class with Kevin, too!!!) Hoping to see him next year, as he is planning to come to North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have Kevin again - so would love to have a chance to do a class with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo jealous !! Kevin needs to come to the west coast :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he could come to your guild and teach a class. You can contact him thru his blog (link above).

      Delete
  4. Those quilt tops are fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! Love the quilt tops. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what we could do to entice him to come to the other side of the great Lakes! Buffalo may be a bit too far for him. It looks like it was a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to have a finished top at the end of a class and not another UFO! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).