Monday, July 18, 2011

Santa block exchange

Helen's block
 One of my quilt guilds had a Santa block exchange.  I've posted pictures of my blocks in previous posts, along with the rules.  We exchanged blocks last Monday night.  It's been so busy around here, that I'm just now getting to post all of the blocks from the exchange.  I signed up twice, so, I get 2 of each block.  Now I just have to figure out a setting, and, if I want/need to make more blocks for my quilts.
Emily's block

Jeanette's block

Gwen's block
 I bought some great Santa Cowboy fabric (see my previous post) that I will probably use in at least one of the quilts.  I can use it to make another block.  I also have other Santa fabric that I can use.  I have at least 2 more Santa applique patterns that I didn't use that I could make up, too.  A plethora of Santa possibilities!  This same guild had a Santa block exchange in 2005.  I was in that exchange, too.  It took me 2 years to finish that quilt, but, I just love that quilt.  That is one of the reasons we did it again.  I don't know what I'm going to do with so many Santa quilts. 
Kay's 1st block

Kay's 2nd block

Thelma's block
 Kay is the other lady that signed up twice.  See, I'm not the only one ; )  She was also in the last Santa block exchange.
Marilyn's blocks (1 red, 1 green)

my 1st block

my 2nd block
I saw my 2nd block pattern at a quilt show this weekend.  I had my camera, so I showed it to the vendor.  She had kits made up.  I bought another kit for Christmas ornaments from her.  I've bought from her at the same quilt show in years past.  Tomorrow, you'll get to start seeing quilts from the show.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Such a beautiful array of Santas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love santa quilts but Christmas being so hot over here is Oz does not make them really useful! I love all those blocks - I just might have to make a quilt for the heck of it and call it my Christmas in July Quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).