Saturday, September 8, 2018

Wisconsin Public TV Quilt Expo pt. 1

A friend and I drove to Madison on Friday, to attend the WPT Quilt Expo.  I've only been to it once before, many years ago.

Our real reason to attend was to meet up with Anne, and transfer a treadle and another machine, as part of a pony express (treadle machine ride).  I'd picked both of these machines at the Michigan TOGA back in July.  Anne will be taking them to their finale destination.
me and Anne at the quilt show
Sorry I never got pictures of either of the machines, but I did enjoy having them in my home for 2 months. 

There were lots of interesting quilts at the show.  I took so many pictures that I'll break this into 2 different posts. 

The first quilts we saw were some from the Bake-Off competition.  These were some that I really liked.


love the lace hanky at the bottom


have you ever seen a cupcake tree?  I want one of these in my yard



Sorry, I didn't get maker info.  The expo was really crowded, and, it got more crowded as we moved in towards all the other quilts.  It was really hard just to get some photos.







my son saw this picture and loved the quilt, there were a couple of these








There were a couple of Egyptian themed quilts at the show. 

I really liked how they set the blocks on this one.



All the tiny places and things in this one.



I saw the pattern for this one in one of the vendor booths.

It was a fun day.  We checked out the vendors booths, and even met some new people.  I met one lady, from the Chicago suburbs that might come to the Lyon's Farm Fall Festival the end of this month, and check out my booth of vintage sewing machines.  If you live in this area, I'd love to see you there, too. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you Take The Cake! Cake quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to go to the Expo. Gorgeous quilts! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! Thank you for sharing them. Also, a HUGE thank-you to you, Anne, and everyone involved in the pony express of my machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been to a quilt show in forever! I need to look for a show and GO! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the quilts you saw. Such creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).