Wednesday, January 29, 2020

A Little Bit of Stitching

I've finally gotten some stitching done this month.  I get about an hour of hand stitching done at work most days.  I've been working on my striped circles project.  This is what I have so far.  Hopefully the Optical Illusion effect is working.  It's a circle version of Attic Windows.


I have at least 4 baby quilts that I need to make.  The babies are due in April and May.  There are 36 Half Square Triangles in the pattern I chose to start with.  I'm making one in blues and one in pinks.
some of the HST's waiting to be stitched

I'm enjoying getting to stitch on my hand crank.  I'd missed my machines while I was in Alaska.
HST's made on 1927 Singer 15 hand crank

I actually got a couple of rows of one of the quilts stitched last night.  I'll show it when I have more done. 

Hubby will be gone most of the weekend, so I'm hoping that I get a good start on some challenge quilts that have due dates.  One is due for my guild's quilt show in March, and the other one is due for my other guild in May.  I also have a mini quilt to get finished for the quilt show in March.  Lots of stitching needs to get done around here. 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will skip thede spring cleaning!!! I do most years! and then I move and get it all done on house prep... but NOT anymore. I wish I was getting as much sewing done as I need to!!! I have a baby quilt under the needle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh you have so many things needing to get done. I hope you get some quality sewing time this weekend and make a big dent! I don't like deadlines; probably because I lived with them for my whole career. 🙃 ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend mostly to yourself will certainly being you closer to your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just webbed a whole quilt with my ignored treadle and just loved the whole process. It was relaxing. That machine makes such an incredible straight stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a full plate of projects to work on ... I hope you're able to get a lot accomplished over the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the circles did you come up with that yourself or is it a pattern. What method are you doing for your circles?.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the circles. Have several baby quilts to make here, too, so those are up next for me. Hope you get lots done over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The circle quilt is fascinating! I look forward to seeing it finished. 😊 Have a fun and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The circles are really cool. I get about 1/2 an hour sewing in a day, perhaps I should take my stitching to work. When I go to lunch I could work on something simple, like binding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool attic window circles. Definitely getting the shadow effect. Sounds like you have been busy...trip to Alaska and working...is that a 'Side Hustle Job' or full time with an hour of lunch stitching? Thanks for welcoming me back. I'll try to be here more often.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).