Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Good Friend

I lost a good friend today.  Marilyn has been mentioned on my blog more than anyone else.  We've been good friends for well over a decade.  We met a few days after she moved here.  Over the years we've shared lots of memories.  For Marilyn's 75th birthday, I had her friends gather fat quarters for her.

Marilyn and her 'kitchen sink' full of fat quarters

Marilyn has joined me at several events where I've done demo's and shown off some of my vintage sewing machines over the years.

Marilyn sewing at Lyon's Farm Fall Festival

Marilyn at another Lyon's Farm Fall Festival

Marilyn and I were in two quilt guilds together.  Over the years we co-sponsored tables at several of the guilds Holiday parties, and worked on many things for the other guild.

Marilyn and I went on Shop Hops together, were in Quilts of Valor for many years together, went to sew-in's at a local quilt shop weekly for several years, and also guild sew-in's.  

Two weeks ago, Marilyn gave me her hand crank sewing machine, a Bradbury Soeze that we'd picked up for her (together) over 10 years ago.

Marilyn's Bradbury Soeze that she gave to me

 

At the Missouri TOGA in June, Marilyn let me teach her Ruler Bag pattern.

Marilyn's Ruler Bag pattern class

My dear friend Marilyn, you will be greatly missed!




12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed Marilyn...so very sorry for your loss Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry Cheryl. Really good friends are family. I'm keeping you and Marilyn's family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your dear friend, Marilyn. Quilting friends are among the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a good friend. May Marilyn rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss Cheryl. A friend like this is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl, so sorry for your loss of your special friend! May your special memories grant you comfort, the Bradbury remind you of your special bond and the ruler bags being a daily reminder that her memory was shared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's so difficult to lose special sewing friends. Your Bradbury will always bring special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilting friends are the best. You and Marilyn spent alot of time together. Enjoy your memories! I enjoyed reading about your quilt friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good friends are rare. I'm so sorry you've lost Marilyn. Thank you for sharing some memories of your sewing, quilting, machine collecting friend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).