Sunday, August 13, 2023

Would You Like a Free Vintage Sewing Machine?

Hubby and I picked up 5 sewing machines yesterday from a lady who is moving and downsizing. She doesn't want the machines in the landfill. I'm keeping one machine, but the other 4 machines are FREE to a good home. I won't ship, but a Pony Express ride could be worked out (free rides in peoples cars from point 'A' to point 'B'). Here are the 4 sewing machines. I have lots more photos if someone is interested.

1940 Singer 201 (electric, wiring is good) in an Art Deco cabinet.
1940 Singer 201 in lovely Art Deco desk

Serial # AF638731, Paperclip decal set

great cabinet with casters

1904 Singer 27 VS treadle.  This has been refurbished at some point.  Has shuttle & bobbin.
1904 Singer 27 VS treadle Serial #B764218

decals are a combo of Knots & Rectangles and Paperclips

sticker states that the machine was rebuilt at some point

1892 Singer 27 VS treadle.  Pretty decals, but I couldn't find out the name of them in the ISMACS list. Has the bobbin & shuttle.  Wood base and treadle irons were painted at some point, but it has been partly stripped and the paint is coming off.  Great for someone who is good at woodwork.
1892 Singer 27 VS treadle (pretty floral decals)

showing decals on the back of the machine

treadle base needs to be stripped and refinished. structurally, it's in pretty good shape

1910 Singer 66 (electric, needs to be rewired) in small knee lift cabinet. Motor is not a Singer motor. Most likely it was refurbished at one time and turned into an electric.  Side clamp/low shank attachments.
1910 Singer 66 in knee lift cabinet

1910 Singer 66 Serial #G345050

All of these machines turn well.  All use low shank attachments.  I promised hubby that I'd get these out of the house as soon as possible.  Again, FREE to a good home.  Leave me a comment (or use my email address under my profile).  Make sure I can contact you back (not no-reply).  

***All four machines are taken, pending pick up.  Yea! (hubby wants his living room back)***



7 comments:

  1. If only I had a place for that treadle... ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The machines look great. Wish I had a spot for one but I already have several old machines. Hope you can find a good home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of them!
    Wish I had room. But already have several waiting on hubby to have time to work on. So happy that you saved them & hope they find a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could help but I don't need more machines. Oh I want them all...LOL! Do you mind if I share this on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful that all machines have found a good home! Thanks for sharing the photos - so beautiful! You are such a talented ambassador for the these special treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 1892 and the 1910 machines are beautiful! I hope they all find good homes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness! I'd love one if there was a way to get it here. Have you moved them all out by now?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).