Saturday, September 22, 2018

Quilt Show & a Bag

I went to a quilt show this afternoon.  Heritage Quilt Guild. I've been to this show many times over the years.  It's a smaller show, but always nice.

Here are some of the quilts.  They had lots of antique quilts this year.  Sorry, I didn't take photos of the cards attached to the quilts.





This next quilt is an antique, and the blocks represent each state.


I loved this cute little bag.  One of the vendors had a kit to make something similar to this bag (no, I didn't get it).

another antique quilt


great way to set sampler blocks


Of course, as a Harry Potter fan, I had to take a picture of this quilt.  One of these days, I'll finish both of my Project of Doom quilts.
Project of Doom
Linda and Terri, this butterfly quilt is for both of you.


antique quilt


antique quilt



This next quilt is painted.

what to do with all those HST's

Several ladies were working on this pattern, but they didn't like the weird cutting sizes in it (7/8's etc) so they re-drafted the pattern to easier to cut sizes. 



Julie, and your Log Cabin ladies, these are for you.


A lady from my Ottawa quilting group taught this class (paper piecing).  Just wait until you see the stunning quilt that Mary made for the Camp Tuckabatchee quilt show raffle (next week).

I love patriotic, elephants and teapots.






The applique on this one is stunning.

up close of the applique

I was pretty good in the vendor mall. I did buy some gifts for Christmas (not for me, for others ;)

Last night, I decided that I needed a small bag to hold the money from the raffle quilt sales.  I pulled a fat quarter out, then rummaged thru my leftover bits of binding, and made this bag.  It is the smallest size of my project bags (4 sizes in the pattern).  Until last night, I'd only made the large size. 
small project bag
I really should have stitched the binding on with my Janome & walking foot, but, I was watching Cannonball Run II, and didn't want to stop.  This was a lot of layers, with all the binding bits pieced together.  My Featherweight wasn't very happy with the binding part. 

I wore my new jacket, from the freebie table, today.  I got lots of great compliments on it.  Thanks again, Sandy!


9 comments:

  1. I loved seeing this quilt show through your eyes...such pretty eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts! I love the robin-egg blue/white antique one especially. Sometimes I find a smaller show more enjoyable as big ones can be too distracting (you know what I mean)! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the virtual quilt show to go with my coffee this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to the quilt shows with you. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bag... and if you had made it perfect you would have had to use it... forever. Love the quilts... that gray/orange & pink... must have been longarmed. Love the colors... and the bright lonestar attract my attention. Its been a depressing weekend. Dog nursing and it won't end well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures. Thanks for the butterfly one. I see a setting idea I might try. Love the second Log Cabin and the pink elephant included with all the others. Interesting to see a Project of Doom finish. Mine, too, is still unfinished.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful quilts--makes me realize I need to get more creative with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There were lots of patterns shouting out to me at that show. Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilts they are all so gorgeous. The 2nd one down is great, and the double wedding ring is awesome too. So many talented quilters out there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).