Thursday, April 5, 2012

I got Tagged!

Melinda over at Tilda's Twisted Life tagged me.  Click on the link to check out the questions she had to answer.  I've listed my questions below.

Here are the questions:
1. Musicals or plays? And what are your favorites?

I LOVE Musicals!!!!!  I was in the 'Sound of Music' when I was in 3rd Grade.  I played Marta. 

2. Do you have any "hidden" talents that have not made it into your blog?

I cook the Wednesday night meal at church once a month.  I've been doing it for 2 years now, and, people keep coming back.  I like to cook for people who appreciate it.

3. Are you a reader? If so, what are you reading right now?
Yes, I'm a reader.  I am currently reading "Over What Hill:  (Notes from the Pasture) by Effie Leland Wilder.  I usually read mysteries or stories about people from WWII

4. What is your favorite time of day?
Morning.  It's usually quiet here during the morning time.  I can get more done around the house before breakfast than I get done the rest of the day.

5. Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything with them?
I only have a few selvages.  I saved them for a friend once.  She made me a cute stocking with them.

6. What is your favorite quilt you've ever made?
I made a quilt for my best friends oldest son for his graduation & marriage.  I quilted it like and 'I Spy' with the quilting.  It has butterflies, dragon flies, dogs, cats, sheep, flowers, and lots of other things quilted in it.  It was the first scrappy quilt I made. 

7. What color comes up most often in your quilts?  Even though RED is my favorite color, I have blue in every quilt that I've made, even if it is only a tiny bit.  Blue just goes with more colors.

8. Do you play music while you sew? What songs get you motivated?  If I listen to music, it is either country, or, oldies rock.  Usually, I turn on a movie that I've seen before (so I don't have to pay close attention to it) and cut or sew. I also sew during commercials when I watch TV.  When I hand quilt, I like to listen to audio books, mainly Harry Potter books. 

9. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered? 
I sprained my ankle in high school.  I ripped the ligaments, tore a bone, and did major damage.  The doctor said it would have been better if I'd broken it instead of what I did.  My ankle is still weak, and the ligaments grew back tight on the inside, and loose on the outside, so, I have to watch every step I take so that I don't sprain it again. 

10. Do you come from a large family or a small family?
There were 2 parents and 2 kids when I was growing up, but, my fathers extended family is HUGE.  We used to have family reunions every year in my grandparents back yard (huge back yard) and about 500 relatives would show up each year.  Fun!  I miss those family reunions.

11. Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town where you were born?  I've only lived in Illinois since 2003.  I was born in Texas (Greenville), but, I never lived there.  I grew up in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, then, in San Angelo (West Texas), where I met hubby back in Jr High & church.  Our families are still there.

I am going to tag two lovely ladies with these questions (yes, I'm using the same questions).  Melinda already tagged some of the others I would have tagged.  So...

1. Michelle at ~Life With Lou~

2. Amy at A Quilted Sheep

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl,
    I just popped in from Michelle at Life With Lou...she tagged me for this. :) I'm in Texas (all my life) so wanted to say hi. I also love your UFO to-do list on the side of your blog...especially the Christmas presents--start earlier. LOL I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).