Monday, November 19, 2018

Not Much Stitching, but, Busy! Busy! Busy!

I've been really busy this past week, but not much stitching has been happening. I did get most of a quilt binding stitched down on the drive to Texas.  I'll show it when I get it finished.

My mother turns 80 on Tuesday.  We had a party for her on Saturday.   My youngest son, daughter-in-law and grandbaby flew to Texas from Alaska for the week.  This is part of why I've been busy.
Gwendolynn

Gwendolynn

Gwendolynn & her great grandfather
We had a fun party, too!

my mother, daughter-in-law and granddaughter

On Sunday, we got a photo with 4 generations on my hubby's side of the family.
4 generations of Parker's
Since we won't be with my son's family at Christmas, we brought the Christmas presents with us and celebrated early.  I finished my daughter-in-laws project bags the day before we left Illinois.  My daughter-in-law considers herself a Hufflepuff (Harry Potter).
front of project bags

back of project bags
And remember these two quilts?



Here are the cuties (with parents) that these quilts were made for.

The week has been full of medical procedures and surgeries for several family members, while we've been here.  One more left on Tuesday.  So far, all of them have been successful, thank goodness.  It's been a stressful week.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

  1. Cheryl, how great you could all get together. You will always treasure that family photo. Stress or not, you were all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your little granddaughter! I'm sure you had lots of cuddles ;)! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little grand daughter is absolutely precious.....what a perfect age to treasure. Super cute and I know she keep you busy. Sounds like a full week and family and celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Turkey week! You'll soon return to normal so soak up all that fun with the Gkids and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a lot of activity going on... visiting and celebrating and travelling!
    Hope all the medical stuff turns out well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gwendolyn is so cute. I can't believe how big she is already. Great pics of the family. Enjoy the holidays with your family, and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just wondering about you earlier today. Glad to see that you are again enjoying family time. My little Grandniece was here this last weekend... too. Four generations!!! Safe travels back home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kids! Glad you could have this time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great family gathering, and such happy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cute pictures of the wee ones. Glad to hear the medical procedures have been successful, hope everyone is feeling better. I love the project bags, what a nice gift. You can't have too many of those. Safe travels home and Happy Belated Thanksgiving.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful they were able to visit!! That Gwendolynn is such a doll...I'll be it's hard to get your fill! But how precious to have four generations together. Really special! Were your family affected at all by the earthquake in Anchorage? Praying they're safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those family pictures! Glad all the medical stuff is working out. I think it is easier to be the sick one than someone who loves the sick one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun.... seeing all the family. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).