Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Camp Tuckabatchee Quilt Show part 1

I've been attending the Camp Tuckabatchee quilt show for many years now.  In 2017, I was asked if I would like to join this group of quilters.  It's been a fun 2 years.  Sadly, it is coming to an end.  This is the last quilt show for Camp Tuckabatchee.

I took lots of pictures at the quilt show (no, I didn't take photos of all the quilts).  I'm going to break this up into a couple of blog posts due to the number of photos.  I'll apologize now for not getting the maker info on these quilts.  Bad me. 

This post will show some of the winning quilts and also all the Judy Neimeyer of Quiltworx patterns that were entered in the quilt show. 

Lets start with the raffle quilt.
raffle quilt

No, I didn't win :(

The lady who made the raffle quilt also had several quilts in the show, including 1st & 2nd Place.
1st Place quilt

2nd Place quilt

Here are the other Judy Niemeyer quilts that were in the show.
made by the featured quilter






not sure if this is a Judy Niemeyer or not

Next are the Challenge quilts.  This year's challenge was 'Crazy Quilt'.  No rules, just our interpretation. 

This quilt is very elaborate.  Well deserved win!
1st Place Challenge quilt

I wish I could have gotten better photos, to show the details in both the 1st & 2nd place winning entries.  Wonderful work in both.  Teeny tiny detail work in this next one. 
2nd Place Challenge entry

3rd Place entry (mine)

Somehow I didn't get a photo of the 4th entry.  Sorry.

Here is the Judges Choice quilt.  It was made by the same lady who made the 1st Place Challenge quilt.
Judges Choice winner

Here are some of the entries for 'other'.  There were only 4 categories in the quilt show.
1st Place, The Last Supper

2nd place is the red pillow

more in the 'other' category

The last category is for First Quilt.  There was only one entry this year, but it was a well deserved winning entry.
First quilt winning entry

Can you believe that this quilt was her first quilt?  Wool applique and precision piecing. 

The last quilt is the Viewer's Choice winner.
Viewer's Choice

up close of the Viewer's Choice quilt

I'll have more photos in the next blog post.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - there are some gorgeous quilts! And that Viewer's Choice Quilt - are those squares about 1/2". I love the overall effect. Congrats on you win. It's so sad that this is the last show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure am glad I didn't have to choose a winner from among those artistic pieces. A lot of talent there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts, thanks for the eye candy to go with my morning coffee;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all these amazing quilts! Each one impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many beautiful quilts! Always makes me feel like I need to up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, why is it the last show? Great quality quilts. I am giving up on my Sea Urchin JN quilt. I need to find someone who will take it and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe that is sad that it will be the last show. Great quilts and the viewer's choice is pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).