Saturday, February 22, 2020

Not much stitching, I've been sick

Last weekend I got a lot of the hand quilting done on my Challenge quilt, but then I came down with the flu, and all stitching stopped. 

As soon as I thought I was going to recover from the flu, I found out that I have pneumonia.  I've barely moved out of my bed all week. 

I'm finally starting to feel better (still a ways to go) and I finished the hand quilting on the Challenge quilt.  I was 3/4ths of the way done when I got sick.

hand quilting is done

I had thought about using some of my quilting notions stencils for this project....



But decided that this just needed some simple quilting.  I quilted 1/4 inch inside the base and handwheel of the Featherweight, then I stitched inside the 'Singer' letters.
hand quilting on a block

These blocks are only 11 inches each, so I don't really need to do a lot of quilting on them.

The binding is fussy cut, and ready to be stitched on. 

I had planned on adding buttons to each machine in place of the machines brass medallion.   I can't use brass, only black, white or the same color purple as in the purple fabric.  I'd bought white and purple buttons.
My original plan was to use a white button on the purple machine, and purple buttons on the black machines

I could also use white buttons on all of the machines (yes, I need one more white button)

On Saturday, before I got sick, Marilyn and I went to Joann's and I found these purple buttons.  What do you think about them instead?
matching purple 'jewel' buttons

So, what are your thoughts?  Purple on black and white on purple?  All white buttons? or Purple jewel buttons? 

Let me know your thoughts.

Now I think it might be bed time soon.  All this sitting up all day has worn me out.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, I do hope you are feeling better. That flu is wicked and then to have pneumonia, I really feel for you. I love all the buttons but the purple jewels are winning. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you have been sick. Pneumonia can really wipe you out. Take it easy and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I feel your pain. Here's hoping you get better soon! As for your Challenge quilt, I like 3 white buttons and 1 purple, but I would like to see the purple button on the machine diagonally across from the purple machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you've been so sick! No fun at all! I think I like the purple jewels best? But either would look good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my hope3 you get back on your feet soon. That is a double whammy and rough to recover from. Love the machines.....I like your original idea with white and purple buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have been so sick... hope you feel better soon.
    I like the purple buttons on the black machines and the white button on the purple machine. i think the white buttons on black draw attention to themselves and detract from the wonderful machine blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry you have been sick hope you are on the mend but do not overdo... I like all purple buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I see two buttons together, one on top of the other. Would that work? Hope you are 100 percent soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better, Cheryl! Quilting will wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope you are up and better soon. I would lean toward putting a gold button on if it was me as the decals on the featherweight are gold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh get better it will take you a while to feel up to par after pneumonia. I like the purple jewel buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor you! I hope you'll feel 100 % soon again. But don't overdo things as you don't want a relapse. A little bit of gentle hand stitching should help too! I love the purple buttons, but the white look good too, so you can't go wrong with whatever you choose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, feel better soon!!! Being sick these days is a scary proposition. I like the white buttons on the black and the purple or black on the purple machine! But of course, looking at it all via computer does change the prespective... so do what feel right to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you are feeling much better soon! Be sure to get plenty of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Pneumonia is no good!!! Please feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).