Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A Finish and an Almost Finish

I've finished my guild challenge quilt.  I finished the binding this morning, then stitched the buttons on.  This is a Black & White Plus One challenge.
2020 POP Challenge quilt

I also did the machine quilting on the board game quilt.  I added the last gold star (hand stitched) after I did the machine quilting.
top is quilted

A while back I found this great fabric for the back of this board game quilt.  Unfortunately, I only have enough for one of the board game quilts (there are 5 more waiting to be basted and quilted).
backing for this board game quilt

Isn't that great fabric, with all of the different board games on the fabric?  Now I need to make the binding for this quilt. 

Both of these are for my guilds quilt show.

If you will be in the western Chicago area March 14-15, 2020, please consider coming to the Pride of the Prairie Quilt Show.  I'll have some of my vintage sewing machines at the show.  Our show always has over 300 quilts, so lots of eye candy!  We also have 'Strip Search' (our fabric booth), raffle baskets, a raffle quilt, bake sale, VENDORS!, Magazines, Patterns & Books for sale, and a Silent Auction. We'll be at Richland Grade School, 1919 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL. 


13 comments:

  1. Your challenge quilt turned out great! What are you going to do with all of the board game quilts? Sure hope you are feeling better! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your challenge quilt turned out lovely! Are there prizes to be won? In any case, I'll keep my fingers crossed. The board game quilt is brilliant too as is its backing. Will you sell them when they are all finished?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have got a lot accomplished. The game quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are elbow deep in show prep and it sounds like a good one. Love your challenge piece. And the fun game board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that backing fabric is perfect. The quilt show sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I have a few minutes to make a run through the quilts!!! Kinda a drive by viewing. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your challenge quilt and the board game quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that Singer block - made for a great challenge piece. Super fabric to back a 'game' quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish on the Singer challenge quilt - I love the pops of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could have more of that game fabric made at spoonflower. And since it's custom you could have the colors changed to match the other quilts. An option to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Sewing machine block! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).