Saturday, March 7, 2020

This Week's Stitching

I'm finally recovering from the flu and pneumonia.  I'm well, but I'm still trying to get some energy. 

I have been stitching.  I finished the binding on the board game quilt.  Sorry for the lousy photos.  I just kept adding layers onto my design wall.

Olde Game, board game quilt
I had some burgundy binding already made, so I used it instead of cutting some black.  I think I have enough of the burgundy to bind the other 5 board game quilts when they are quilted.

I stitched the hanging sleeve on the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings quilt.  I also made labels and stitched them onto all of the quilts for the quilt show, along with all of the pillowcases that the quilts have to be in when we drop them off.  Woohoo!  All the quilts are ready for the quilt show. 

I stitched a set of blocks for one of my Treadle On Block Exchanges.  I kitted up 3 more sets that I'll stitch on some of my vintage machines at the quilt show next weekend.  I also prepped blocks for another block exchange with Treadle On.  These are the blocks I finished.  They are made with 1930's reproduction fabrics, and it's the Monkey Wrench block.
set of 8 Monkey Wrench blocks

signature label attached to the back of each block

Earlier this week I finished another 10 blocks of the striped circle blocks.  I now have 32 blocks finished.  Sorry, but my design wall is full at the moment, so you just get to see the blocks stacked.
10 more blocks finished

Today I stitched the pieces together for another baby quilt.  This is like the one I made in February but in pinks instead of blues. 
baby quilt top

I have 2 more baby quilts to make by early May.  I also have to quilt all 4 baby quilts.  March and April will be busy. 

If you will be in the Western Chicago suburbs next weekend, please come to my guild's quilt show.  I'll have a booth with 14 of my vintage sewing machines at the show.  Pride of the Prairie's quilt show will have over 300 quilts.  We also  have 'Strip Search' (our fabric booth), at least 50 raffle baskets, a raffle quilt, bake sale, magazines, patterns & books and a silent auction.  We'll also have VENDORS.  We'll be at Richland Grade School, 1919 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, Illinois.



7 comments:

  1. So much going on here! The Game Board piece is so unique and good luck at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have had a bout of illness. It doesn't sound like a good start to 2020. Hope you get your energy back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better, the energy will come back slowly. Boy you have some awesome projects going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are on the mend, but take it easy & don't relapse! I've done a checker board, but love your game board. I'm not near Chicago, but best wishes for a great quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing well for being so sick!
    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've gotten so much done! Glad you're better; still struggling here. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear you're recovering well. Stay safe from this awful virus! You've got lots of lovely work done, Cheryl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).