Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter! and Face Masks

Happy Easter!

It was strange not going to church today (or any Sunday in weeks).  Still, I got lots of 'Easter' services today.  My Sunday school class is online now.  After that, we watched Franklin Graham and Michael W. Smith's Easter service in Central ParkOur church also had a great service that included music, a special reading and even a children's sermon.  When I finally got up to my sewing room, I watched Andrea Bocelli's performance in Milan.  Even Dolly Parton had an Easter song.

As for sewing, I'm like lots of you.  I've been stitching face masks.  My first set of 64 masks.  Puppies, kitties, forest animals, tie dye, flames and leaves.  I've added pipe cleaners to the nose area of all of my masks so far.


Then I stitched a few masks for hubby and my son.  Camping and Star Wars.

I thought I was thru, then they suggested that everyone wear a mask when going to a store, so, my neighbors also needed some masks.  I cut out 28 masks for kids, and 16 for adults.  Camo, batiks, some sewing themed (for me) and some animals, dragonflies and Cars.


my neighbors, wearing their new masks
My little quilt guild has been making masks, too.  We've been distributing masks to my veterinarian (thanks for taking care of my dog, Ratchet), and several different nurses from several different hospitals, and some to an assisted living center. 

I didn't stitch any for a couple of days.  Somehow my right hip joint froze up, and I couldn't barely walk for 2 days.  The doctor gave me meds, and I'm back walking again, thank goodness. 

A friend asked for masks, too.  She works for a hospice, and people have been stealing masks from them (shame people).  She gave me kits for me and my guild ladies to make more masks.  I'll be working on those tomorrow. 

With so many masks, I haven't had any time to sew anything for myself.  I hope to remedy that this week.  Hopefully I'll have something besides masks to show you soon. 

Have you been stitching something other than face masks? 


10 comments:

  1. You are SEW sweet to make all those masks!! Quite the variety, too. I love that the young neighbor was smiling behind her mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great service--thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with ya! I can sew them in my sleep, blindfolded, behind my back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are really being productive. Thanks for your selfless service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing something awesome. I have only been doing selfish sewing on my day off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making masks seems to be a way of life. I hope you find some time for some regular sewing soon. Hugs. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. great masks I have been making them too not as many as you I have started Bonnie H unity quilt can not resist her quilts also think I am going to start Kaye England's too I got a quilt guilted for me and another one ready for the machine. Then to work on another customer quilt. take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of masks!! LOVE the star wars and camping themed ones! Glad your hip is feeling better - take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so good for making so many masks. My creative stuff is 'still' boxed up and the few fabrics I can find are not suitable for masks. I have made a few for personal use tho. DH made and error on an order for mask filters for his shop respirator and received some N95s instead. We have been giving them out to those that do some contact work (mail carriers etc.). We don't see too many people these days... vets office conducts all business from the parking lot and cars. We needed some Frontline for the pups. The ticks are terrible this year... dogs have been tick free. Humans walking thru the brush not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to make masks for the veterinarian. They are essential!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).