Sunday, October 11, 2020

Three more Harry Potter: Project of Doom blocks finished

 I finished three more sets (of two) Project of Doom blocks.  The green in the Monster book of Monsters doesn't photograph well.  It is really a rich green with metallic. It looks more like green leather in person (like described in the book).  I've been trying to find a fabric that looks like green leather for several years now, for this block.  You can find every shade of brown that looks like leather, but nothing that looks like green leather (not even any real green leather to use).  I've even tried dying fabrics with green, but they just didn't work.  This is one of the reasons I didn't get back to making blocks for this quilt for so long.  

Monster book of Monsters #13

block #14

Riddle's Diary #15

I also finished 2 sets of blocks for the Fall Basic exchange with Treadle On.  The photo only shows one each of the blocks.  


I've finished the binding and washed the Mickey Mouse quilt, but I haven't taken any photos.  I found out earlier this week that I get to present the quilt in person next Sunday.  Hopefully my niece will let me post a photo of Miller with his quilt.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you found the "right" fabric. Harry Potter is going to be very happy with those quilts. I don't know how many quilts have run out the door without a photo op. Mickey will be happy in his new home too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you move on those HP quilts! You may get yours together before I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done very well! I find that fabric choice often halts a project... nothing else will do except for what I have in mind!!!! and until I find it or an acceptable replacement... the project sits and sits and sits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blocks look great hope we get to see the mickey quilt
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your HP blocks look terrific! I love the wands ... and the diary! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those Harry potter blocks are really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).